A blog devoted to the cards I make in my tiny upstairs space. When my sister stays there, she calls it an "artist's garret". I'm not an artist, but am an enthusiastic cardmaker - hence the title "Cardmaker's Garret".
___________________________________________________________________________________________

Friday 3 April 2020

A Snowman in the Meadow

Time for April's CAS Christmas and our host, Bonnie, is asking us to incorporate a Christmas song.


I have a sentiment stamp that uses one of the lines from Winter Wonderland.  My parents loved that old Bing Crosby song and it evokes great memories of my childhood Christmases.


Very CAS - stamped, watercoloured, went over the snowflakes with a Stardust pen, die cut for some extra interest, popped up on fun foam on a red card base, and added glue and glitter to the snow line and the fuzzy parts of the snowman's hat and gloves.


Please come and join us at CAS Christmas.  I'm looking forward to seeing what Christmas songs inspire you.  Our Design Team and this month's Guest Designer, Birgit (Rapport fran ett skrivoord) have lots of inspiration for you.








Supplies:
Stamps - Old Island Stamp Co. snowman, PrintWorks sentiment
Ink - Archival Jet Black
Paper - watercolour paper, red cs
Size - A2
Accessories - watercolour paints, Sizzix die, Stardust gel pen, glitter, fun foam

11 comments:

  1. I love this cheerful, festive card. What a great die cut too.
    xx Karen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that song, especially that verse. Cute and whimsical. The glitter details is a great finishing touch.

    ReplyDelete
  3. great Christmas classic Susan :), Cute image of your snowman in his snowflakes. Love it against the red background.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Simply adorable snowman image design, Susan. One of my mom's favorite Christmas songs by Bing too. She had several of his and other Christmas albums. Lots of memories when Christmas songs are playing..although I think before Thanksgiving is a little early. Stay safe and creative, my friend. Love and Hugs...nancy

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is one adorable snowman, Susan! I love all the sparkle you've added. Your snowman panel really pops against the red card base. Awesome! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that song by Bing too Susan and your snowman is just ADORABLE and beautifully water colored too! LOVE the red card base too...really makes this card pop and stand out! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  7. What great memories for you Susan and what a super cute card x.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is such a fun Christmas song, Susan! And a fun card to illustrate it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Festive and fun Christmas song card, Susan! The shape of the panel is pretty and the cute snowman and the lyrics perfectly fit it!
    Hideko xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sweet snowman and perfect for those lyrics, Susan! Just love the label you stamped them on too!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your sweet snowman and the lyrics that go with it. Perfect for our challenge. Hope you are doing well.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message! I love hearing from you.