A blog devoted to the cards I make in my tiny upstairs space. When my sister stays there, she calls it an "artist's garret". I'm not an artist, but am an enthusiastic cardmaker - hence the title "Cardmaker's Garret".
___________________________________________________________________________________________

Thursday 16 April 2020

A Square Card

Just Us Girls wants a square card with at least one other square shape.


I love square cards and make quite a lot of them so was happy to see this challenge.


I made it for a friend who loves blue as much as I do.

I simply stamped the flowers and sentiment, die cut with a stitched square, and popped up on fun foam.

Then in my ongoing quest to figure out how to place sequins, I tried a method someone suggested where you just randomly scatter them, remove some, and then glue the rest where they landed.  What do you think?  Well placed?  Too many?

Thanks for coming by today.  I hope everyone is doing okay.










Supplies:
Stamps - SU Elements of Style
Ink - Memento Paris Dusk
Paper - white and natural cs
Size - 5.5" square
Accessories - Lil Inkers stitched square die, clear sequins, fun foam

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful monochromatic floral image on your square format, Susan. I still have this SU set. I have not used it for years. You have me inspired, my friend. TFS Stay safe and Creative. Hugs..Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a classy looking square card and absolutely beautiful and loving those sequins too Susan x.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd say that sequin technique works very well, Susan! This looks like a beautiful piece of Delft pottery! Very classy, my friend!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message! I love hearing from you.