A blog devoted to the cards I make in my tiny upstairs space. When my sister stays there, she calls it an "artist's garret". I'm not an artist, but am an enthusiastic cardmaker - hence the title "Cardmaker's Garret".
___________________________________________________________________________________________

Friday 3 May 2019

Tessa and her Stocking

Can you believe it is already May, the fifth month of the year!!!?  2019 is passing by much too quickly for me!

That means it's time for the new CAS Christmas Challenge.



Here's my card:


The image is stamped and watercoloured with my Inktense watercolour pencils.  I die cut the frame twice and glued them together for more dimension, and popped it all up on fun foam on a red card base.


This card is a perfect representation of my sweet English Cocker Spaniel, Tessa.  First of all, she is kind of that colour, but more importantly, she loves to carry socks around in her mouth (usually stealing them from the laundry basket) and she loves to have a good chew on her bone.  The photo on the left is her (before going to the groomer) with a sock, the one on the right (after seeing the groomer) with her bone between her paws.



But back to the business at hand - we'd love to have you join us with some Christmas stockings at CAS Christmas.  There is lots more inspiration from the rest of the Design Team and this month's fabulous Guest Designer, Helen (Helen's Craft Haven).  You have until May 24th to link up your card - please be sure it is clean and simple and uses this month's theme.









Supplies:
Stamps - Penny Black
Ink - Archival Jet Black
Paper - tan and red cs, watercolour paper
Size - 5.25" square
Accessories - Inktense watercolour pencils, MFT Pierced Square Frame die, fun foam














17 comments:

  1. Very adorable card, Susan with "Tessa" being the star. Great color combo with the frames too. Have a wonderful weekend! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This image certainly does remind me of your Tessa, particularly with the stocking! How cute is that! Love your framing and thanks for the photo of Tessa for a fun comparison!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG ... Tessa is the sweetest ... even with a sock in her mouth. What a difference after getting coiffed! :) LOVE the card ... Tessa must have posed for the illustator. :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great pics of Tessa before and after her grooming. And this stamp is such a good representation of Tessa, Susan. Beautiful pencil watercolouring. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. yes it's a great representation of that little rascal, she just knows when she has bee a bad little girl stealing socks and paper towels :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your sweet Tessa Christmas card holding a big Christmas stocking and especially love the before and after grooming photos of your sweet and a bit devilish Tessa:-) She is so soft and pretty and love her coloring. TFS Susan Hugs..Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Tessa is adorable. She looks so different after grooming, but still as sweet. I love cards with dogs and this is a cutie. I can see why you like it! A fun card for this challenge. I love the red and green stocking and the bone Santa put in it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Tessa is such a beauty and this image is so Tessa! A perfect card for the stocking challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your sweet Tessa so much I exclaimed out loud when her picture scrolled up. She reminds me of my little LuLu. Why do they look so cute with a toy (or sock) in their mouths? Your card is just so darling! I'm glad someone got that precious doggie a bone for his/her Christmas stocking.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awww...so sweet! I'm a sucker for the Penny Black pups!
    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Susan, your card is just adorable and your dog is so cute too. that is so funny about carrying socks around! I love the way you colored the image with the inktense pencils...beautifully done.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh Susan, you asked in a comment if I would have time to come and see Tessa - of course I would! She is absolutely gorgeous - such a darling girl. And I love her before and after photos - her colour looks quite different doesn't it?! Such fun that she's a 'Sock Stealer' as my guardian (from my school days abroad) commented when he saw Dudley for the first time! I do so love your card - it's Tessa for sure!

    Hugs

    Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Susan, your little puppy carrying the Christmas stocking is just too cute and certainly does resemble your Tessa. Adorable card. Hope you have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Tessa is so pretty and so is your card, Susan! The stamped image does look like Tessa. :-)
    Love the beautiful coloring and the great framing!
    Hideko xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. It's so fun to see your beautiful Tessa again! She is adorable with her stolen sock and I'll bet it's hard to get mad at her! Please give her a slobbery hug from me! Your Christmas card depiction of her is fabulous!! See you soon! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thank you for sharing the photos of beautiful Tessa.....she is super cute x......As is your card, great image and one adorable card x.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message! I love hearing from you.