A blog devoted to the cards I make in my tiny upstairs space. When my sister stays there, she calls it an "artist's garret". I'm not an artist, but am an enthusiastic cardmaker - hence the title "Cardmaker's Garret".
___________________________________________________________________________________________

Monday 13 May 2019

Holly with a Bird

Sparkles Christmas Challenge for May is "Let's See Some Holly".

I love holly and I love birds on Christmas cards so a stamp that combines both always attracts me.  I've had this Magenta stamp for many years and make sure I use it every year.


I stamped and heat embossed both image and sentiment on watercolour paper and then watercoloured the image.  Trimmed the panel and added it to a red card base.  A great flat card that is perfect for mailing.

Love getting my Christmas cards done throughout the year!





Supplies:
Stamps - Magenta bird and holly, Impression Obsession sentiment
Ink - Versafine Onyx Black
Paper - red cs, watercolour paper
Size - A2
Accessories - watercolour paints, clear embossing powder



10 comments:

  1. Beautiful Susan, nothing says Christmas like holly and a robin :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so pretty. The water color looks great and the bird looks real. This is the first year I've started Christmas cards early and I love it. Now I need to make two or three of each at a time. Wish I'd thought of that earlier.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that image, Susan! You watercolored it beautifully and love the soft wash in your background. I can see why you use this stamp every year too. Perfectly framed with red tooo!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I always love seeing cards you make with this stamp, Susan! A wonderful job of watercoloring and I love the rich red card base that picks up the color of the berries!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautifully done, Susan! Love this gorgeous image and can see why you keep it. You've watercoloured it to perfection. The bright red card base really adds a lovely pop of colour. xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful water colouring and such a pretty stamp. fabulous Christmas card x.

    ReplyDelete
  7. A super card and perfect for our challenge at Sparkles Christmas! Thank you for joining in. Lynne DT

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful watercoloring, Susan! Love the design with a repeat of the vertical lines!
    Hideko xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a beautiful card, love it.♥
    Thanks a lot for joining us at our Let’s see some Holly Challenge by
    Sparkles Christmas Challenge
    Good luck and hope to see you again.
    Hugs and greetings Angela DT

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message! I love hearing from you.