A blog devoted to the cards I make in my tiny upstairs space. When my sister stays there, she calls it an "artist's garret". I'm not an artist, but am an enthusiastic cardmaker - hence the title "Cardmaker's Garret".
___________________________________________________________________________________________

Friday 17 May 2019

Stocking Hung at the Fireplace

It's time for a mid-month reminder for the CAS Christmas challenge:


I went with a very old stamp that I've had almost since I first started stamping.


I coloured the stamped image with coloured pencils and then fussy cut it.

I created the idea of a fireplace by using some slightly dried up embossing paste through a brick stencil.  And for the mantelpiece I took a scrap of kraft cs and went over it with ink and woodgrain stencil.  I tore the ends off to give it the same partial look as the bricks.

I added a brad to the mantelpiece as something to "hang" the stocking from and put dimensionals under the stocking.  I die cut the panel with a stitched rectangle to match the stitching on the stocking and embellished with two red gemstones, one clear one, and Wink of Stella on the snowflake.

Here's a close-up:


You have until May 24 to link up your cards featuring our theme of "stocking".  For inspiration, check out the reminder cards made by our Design Team and this month's fabulous Guest Designer, Helen (Helen's Craft Haven).






Supplies:
Stamps - Heather's Stamping Haven stocking, Paper Smooches sentiment
Ink - Memento Tuxedo Black
Paper - white and kraft cs
Size - A2
Accessories - TH wood grain and brick stencils, Dreamweaver embossing paste, coloured pencils, Lil Inker stitched rectangle die



9 comments:

  1. WOW! Before I read your description I was wondering where you got the wood paper. That looks so real. Love the brick background for your stocking and can't believe you colored the toe and heel in alternating colors. What patience you have. Great card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What wonderful attention to detail on your fabulous Christmas card. Love the texture from the paste and the stocking looks wonderful x.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fab card - love the brick background!
    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Susan what a fun effect with the stencil embossed background and that great wood trim to hang your stocking :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a classic and beautiful stocking, Susan! It must have take patience and time to colore those tiny space in red and green alternately. Your emboss pasted brick wall background and the stenciled mantelpiece are fabulous. Love the texture!
    Hideko xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful texture and a really pretty stocking!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love all the texture on this amazing card, Susan. The brick background is perfect and love the stenciled woodgrain for the mantel. You stocking is adorable with the designs. xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a fun looking stocking. Love the brick background. xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love how you created you fireplace and attached your stocking to the mantle. Fun card, Susan. It was so nice meeting and stamping with you this past weekend. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message! I love hearing from you.