A blog devoted to the cards I make in my tiny upstairs space. When my sister stays there, she calls it an "artist's garret". I'm not an artist, but am an enthusiastic cardmaker - hence the title "Cardmaker's Garret".
___________________________________________________________________________________________

Tuesday 21 May 2019

CAS Challenges

A couple of cards for two of the CAS challenges that close soon.

First up is Less is More - "Beverages".


Here's my card:


The image and sentiment below it are all part of one stamp - I just love the sentiment.  A very easy card to make - stamped it, watercoloured it, trimmed the panel, bordered with black cs, and popped it up on fun foam.

And then the ATCAS Challenge - "Horizon".


I went with another winter / Christmas card as I need to build up my stash for my fundraiser.


Another very quick card - the frame, horse, trees, and clouds are all one die cut. So all I had to do was cut it, layer it over snowy dp, add a sentiment, and pop it up on foam.


Thanks for stopping by!  I promise I'll come back soon with something that's not a Christmas or winter card!






Supplies for card 1:
Stamps - Stamplorations
Ink - Archival Jet Black
Paper - watercolour paper, black and white cs
Size - A2
Accessories - Gansai Tambi watercolour paints, fun foam

Supplies for card 2:
Stamps - Old Island Stamp Co. sentiment
Ink - ColorBox sky blue
Paper - white cs, Me and My Big Ideas dp
Size - 4.75" square
Accessories - StarLit Studio Horse Country die, clear embossing powder, fun foam


7 comments:

  1. Two great cards for your fundraiser Susan. Love the warm cup of coffee (must be hot chocolate for you). Delicious! Sweet snowy winter scene with your die-cut horse and hills. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both cards are perfectly CAS. The stamp on the first one looks great and love the die cut on the second x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the image of the hot coffee for winter. Perfect on a cold, icy day. The die of the horse is wonderful! I've never seen that one before and love it against the designer paper. Both cards are terrific for your fundraiser. And I never tire of seeing your winter or Christmas cards.

    ReplyDelete
  4. beautiful card...I love coming to see what you have been creating. I think out of all the blogs I visit, you are the most 'on top' of creating holiday cards...well done.
    xx Karen

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love Christmas cards so keep them coming! That cup of coffee looks delicious with the whipped cream and cinnamon stick! The horse on the horizon looks so majestic! Love that crisp blue and white!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are the Christmas cardmaking queen. Another two beautiful cards here to add to your healthy growing collection. xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. These Christmas cards are totally different in style and both are wonderful CAS cards, Susan! The black matte and ink look great with the classy red coffee cup of the first card. Great use of snowy dp and lots of beautiful die-cuts for the second.
    Hideko xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message! I love hearing from you.