A blog devoted to the cards I make in my tiny upstairs space. When my sister stays there, she calls it an "artist's garret". I'm not an artist, but am an enthusiastic cardmaker - hence the title "Cardmaker's Garret".
___________________________________________________________________________________________

Tuesday 7 May 2019

Contrasting Colours and Heat Embossing

A brief detour yesterday to post a birthday card but now I'm back to working on my Christmas cards today!


It's going off to two challenges:

The Flower Challenge:


Addicted to CAS:


For the Flower Challenge, I stamped and heat embossed the poinsettia, the leaves, and the sentiment.  For ATCAS, I used contrasting colours from the colour wheel.

I used white embossing powder for the poinsettia and leaves as it gives good contrast to the red and green watercolouring in them.  I fussy cut them and arranged them with double sided and dimensional tape on a stitched die cut panel that is popped up on fun foam.  I embellished the centre of the poinsettia with gemstones that were close to the platinum embossing powder I used on the sentiment.

Thanks for stopping by today!





Supplies:
Stamps - PTI sentiment, SU Joyful Christmas
Ink - ColorBox white and silver
Paper - white cs
Size - A2
Accessories - white and platinum embossing powder, Lil Inker stitched rectangle die, watercolour paints, gemstones, fun foam



9 comments:

  1. Absolutely stunning and so fresh x Great fussy cutting, love the white embossing and such a striking card x.

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautiful....love the punch of colour, so pretty.
    xx Karen

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a bright and beautiful poinsettia, Susan! The white embossing makes the colors stand out beautifully! Love this!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful Christmas colors and the poinsettia is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bold, Bright, and absolutely BEAUTIFUL Susan!! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your poinsettia looks fabulous with the white embossing. I too love the rich contract this achieves. You did a wonderful job coloring this too! I sure do respect all that fussy cutting you did too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. you nailed the contrast Susan, I love your bold red poinsettia and perfect fussy cutting :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Bright and beautiful, Susan. Perfect contrast with the complementary colours! xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is so pretty and I’m super impressed that you’re ahead of the game making a Christmas card too! Thanks for joining us this month at The Flower Challenge, hope to see you next month too. Cara DT x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message! I love hearing from you.