A blog devoted to the cards I make in my tiny upstairs space. When my sister stays there, she calls it an "artist's garret". I'm not an artist, but am an enthusiastic cardmaker - hence the title "Cardmaker's Garret".
___________________________________________________________________________________________

Friday 24 May 2019

Last Minute Plants

Sneaking in right under the wire for the Paper Players "Plants" challenge.


Here's my card:


The background was made out of blue brushos sprinkled and then spritzed with lots of water.

I chose one of the flowers out of the Tim Holtz set of wildflower stamps. I stamped it three times with grey ink and then three more times with black ink on top of the grey ones.

Trimmed the panel, wrapped a sentiment stamped on vellum around it, bordered with black, and popped up on fun foam on a white cs - love the contrast of black, white, and blue!






Supplies:
Stamps - TH wildflower stamp, Savvy Stamp sentiment
Ink - Memento London Fog and Tuxedo Black
Paper - white and black cs, watercolour paper, vellum
Size - A2
Accessories - blue Brushos, fun foam



8 comments:

  1. so pretty with the silhouette flowers. Perfectly CAS :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful depth of color, Susan! The narrow black mat and wide white border frame it beautifully! Thanks so much for picking me up at the airport! I so enjoyed our time together!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the texture, depth and colors for your plant CAS card, Susan. TFS Hugs...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a pretty card with wonderful layering of the stamping x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your different shades of flowers to add depth to your beautiful blue panel. xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. The gray and black flowers are perfect on your brusho background. They stand out and speak for themselves. So pretty. Wish I could have been there with all of you, sounds like a wonderful time.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Whaaat? Not a Christmas card? *lol*😂 Beautiful card, Susan. You know
    I love that vibrant blue background. xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Pretty blue brushos background, Susan! I love that you stamped the shadow wildflowers in gray. They add so much interest and depth. Using vellum for the sentiment strip is a clever idea. It doesn't block the scene and yet clearly shows the sentiment.
    Hideko xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message! I love hearing from you.