A blog devoted to the cards I make in my tiny upstairs space. When my sister stays there, she calls it an "artist's garret". I'm not an artist, but am an enthusiastic cardmaker - hence the title "Cardmaker's Garret".
___________________________________________________________________________________________

Wednesday 16 January 2019

Winter Fir Trees


We're already midway through January!!!  Time to remind you about the CAS Watercolour Challenge:





I decided to use some wintery trees with a light snowfall:


For the trees, I tapped Distress Evergreen Bough and Bundled Sage on my craft mat, spritzed generously with water, and smooshed / splashed a piece of watercolour paper into it.

When dry, I die cut the three trees.

I tore some strips of cs for the snowy hills, ran my Versamarker along the torn edges, and heat set with Frantage Chunky White embossing powder. 

I put together the scene, then die cut it with a circle.  For the lightly falling snow, I sprinkled with the Frantage and heat set from underneath.  Finally popped it up on fun foam on a square card base.

Head on over to CAS Watercolour for more inspiration from our Design Team and this month's fabulous Guest Designer, Janet (Swanlady Impressions).  You only have until January 24th to link up your clean and simple winter-themed card.  I can't wait to see what you create!






Supplies:
Stamps - Penny Black sentiment
Ink - Distress Evergreen Bough and Bundled Sage
Paper - watercolour paper, white cs
Size - 4.75" square
Accessories - Impression Obsession fir tree dies, Spellbinders circle die, Versamarker pen, Frantage Chunky White embossing powder, fun foam



10 comments:

  1. Susan, I love the white on white background and the pop of colour with the trees :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful and peaceful Winter scene you've created Susan! I love all the white on white too with just the touch of green for the trees. Lovely, lovely card and thanks for such a fun challenge this month!! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous smooching to use for your fir trees, Susan! They just POP off your pretty circle on the square W-O-W design and I love how you did the snowfall!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  4. So pretty!! I love your splashed trees, Susan. The green really pops against all the white. Wonderful design! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my! I love this look with your die cut trees. What great variation of color in those. Love all the white on this allowing those trees to remain your focal. Thea dded texture is wonderful. Great card, Susan!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fabulous little scene you've created and the frantage and the pretty greens on the trees look wonderful. Beautiful card x.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful winter scene. The splash watercolor trees have amazing texture. Love the snowy details, xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. These trees are so pretty nestled in the snow hills, Susan! A beautiful winter scene!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I Love every single creative detail of your Winter scene, Susan. Your trees die cut from a piece of smooshed and splashed W/C paper are gorgeous. Love your snow banks and snow too. TFS my friend and hosting this fun challenge. Hugs..Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  10. such a gorgeous card Susan, love the shimmer.
    xx Karen

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message! I love hearing from you.