A blog devoted to the cards I make in my tiny upstairs space. When my sister stays there, she calls it an "artist's garret". I'm not an artist, but am an enthusiastic cardmaker - hence the title "Cardmaker's Garret".
___________________________________________________________________________________________

Monday 28 January 2019

Santa Brought Me a Snowflake

The Jingle Belles challenge is "Look What Santa Brought Me".  I got a new snowflake stamp I've been wanting for awhile.


On coated cs, I created a blue background with blue Brushos and a bit of silver Magicals spritzed with water.  When dry, I stamped and heat embossed the snowflake in white.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                       
I trimmed the panel and popped it up on fun foam.  I added a small heat embossed sentiment banner and embellished with a few sequins.

It's a very quick and easy card that would work well for making multiples.  And I do love that new snowflake stamp!






Supplies:
Stamps - Visible Image "Snow is Falling", A Muse sentiment
Ink - ColorBox white
Paper - coated cs, white and black cs
Size - 4.75" square
Accessories - various blue Brushos, silver Magicals, white embossing powder, sequins, fun foam



9 comments:

  1. Beautiful water colour background with your sprays. I love the snowflake, it was one I had to have :). We all need these beautiful quick CAS cards.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ohhhhhhhhhh what an amazingly lovely card! the background is luscious and i love that you stamped and embossed the gorgeous snowflake right on top. magnificent! thanks for showing off your fab new goodies with us at JINGLE BELLES! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the artsy look of that fabulous snowflake stamp. Great mix of Brusho's and silver Magicals on that beautiful background x.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is one GORGEOUS card Susan. No wonder you've been wanting this snowflake stamp, it's amazing. LOVE the colours of your brushos background. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an amazing blue Blusho and silver Magical background you created, Susan!
    The big white heat-embossed snowflake looks awesome! Actually, it even looks silver-ish in the picture.
    A few sparking sequins are a perfect finishing touch. Looking forward to seeing more cards you're going to make with this new snowflake stamp. :-)
    Hideko xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your new snowflake stamp, Susan. Your background on this is just amazing! What a glorious combination of colors on that and I'm sure the sparkle in real life from the Magicals make it even more spectacular.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It is a beautiful snowflake, Susan! I love it against the rich, blue background and all the silver sparkle!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love that beautiful BLUE (ad silver) background! Perfect way to highlight that large snowflake Santa brought you. 😉xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Brushos and glitter make a beuatiful combination ... so glad you shared your new goodies with us at Jingle Belles.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message! I love hearing from you.