A blog devoted to the cards I make in my tiny upstairs space. When my sister stays there, she calls it an "artist's garret". I'm not an artist, but am an enthusiastic cardmaker - hence the title "Cardmaker's Garret".
___________________________________________________________________________________________

Wednesday 30 January 2019

Snowflake Patterns

I live in Vancouver, Canada, where our winters are mild and often completely free of snow, but my sisters live near Toronto - they just had a huge snowfall and it's -30 Celsius today.  So this card was made with them in mind!

And for these two challenges:

Christmas Cards All Year Round where the current challenge is "Let It Snow".

12 Months of Christmas - "Anything but a Rectangle".   I love square cards so it's a great challenge for me.


I used three different snowflake embossing folders. The different patterns are subtle but they are there!

I cut narrow strips of white cs and embossed them. Then cut the bottom edges to make banners. Spaced them out evenly on the card base, and added a silver die cut sentiment.

It's also perfect for two SCS challenges:

CAS518 = Pattern Mash Up - use three different patterns

SCSCCJAN19 = It All Starts Up North - snow, ice, north pole






Supplies:
Paper - silver glitter and white cs
Size - 5.25" square
Accessories - Darice, Cuttlebug, and Sizzix snowflake embossing folders, Penny Black "winter wishes" die



6 comments:

  1. I'm starting to become a fan of square cards :) love your white on white with those great snowflake banners.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful dry embossed snowflake banners, Susan. I LOVE your die cut sentiment using silver glitter paper. Glad to hear Toronto is warming up a bit. I also love square cards and yours is a beauty. Hugs..Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  3. A beautiful card - thank you for sharing at Christmas Crafts All Year Round.
    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Simple elegance, Susan! Love all the different snowflakes and the glittery sentiment!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So pretty! I love the texture of the embossing and the white-on-white design with the hit of silver for the sentiment. Beautiful card Susan! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fun idea to use the different embossing folders and what a classy and beautiful card. Hope your sister is OK? x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message! I love hearing from you.