A blog devoted to the cards I make in my tiny upstairs space. When my sister stays there, she calls it an "artist's garret". I'm not an artist, but am an enthusiastic cardmaker - hence the title "Cardmaker's Garret".
___________________________________________________________________________________________

Monday 21 January 2019

Snowy Day

I love the look of sparkly glittery snow, but at the same time, I don't like being cold, so this image gives the best of two worlds - the beauty of the snow combined with a warm cozy cabin with a fire going in the hearth.


I used a great winter scene stamp I've had for years - stamped on watercolour paper and watercoloured the sky, road, and cabin.

I added a double row of score lines around the image to frame it and punched the corners.

Then I went over all of the snowy trees, roof, fence, and ground with glue and added fine glitter - I hope it shows up a bit in the photo!

The panel is popped up on fun foam.

I'm entering it in three challenges:




If you have snow where you live, I hope you're keeping warm!






Supplies:
Stamps - Old Island Stamp Co. cabin, Rosie's Roadshow sentiment
Ink - Archival Jet Black
Paper - PTI cream cs, watercolour paper
Size - A2
Accessories - watercolour paints, Martha Stewart glitter, Scor Buddy, SU corner punch, fun foam



15 comments:

  1. What a beautiful, snowy scene, Susan! I love the warm, cozy cabin nestled in the shimmery snow! Love how you've framed it too! The corner punch along with the scoring is classy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your cabin is water colored so well and it looks so rustic. That is a lovely scene, soft and sweet. I'm with you about the cold. I just don't go out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful Susan! Lovely winter scene with the cozy looking cabin and the frost of the snow on the trees. The glitter really shows well on this card in the photo. Beautiful framing with the scored lines and punched corners. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your wonderful, cozy cabin nestled among those gorgeous trees. Love all the glittery snow. beautiful job on the watercoloring too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Susan the sparkle on your pretty snowy scene adds a real touch of magic to your card - and the log cabin looks so inviting! Thanks for sharing with us over at The Paper Players this week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a lovely card! The frame is special too. tfs

    ReplyDelete
  7. The glitter sure does show up and what a gorgeous card. Wonderful snow and wintry looking card and that cabin is so inviting x.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful snowy glittery Winter day, Susan. TFS Hugs..Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm with you Susan...love looking at the snow from inside because I don't like to be cold either!! Your scene is just beautiful...so serene and peaceful looking and I can definitely see the glitter! Lovely, lovely card that definitely says Winter! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Susan, this scene is gorgeous! I love the little cabin and all that glittery snow! Wish I was inside by a fire reading a book! So happy you joined my challenge at The Paper Players this week! XX

    ReplyDelete
  11. A lovely image, beautifully colored and accented, and wowza, check out those corners, they're amazing! So glad you played with the Players this week!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love this little wintery scene and all the glitter. Thank you for joining in at Sparkles Christmas challenge. Lynne DT

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such a beautiful scene, Susan! I LOVE the sparkle and the punched out corners. Thank you for sharing with The Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love this sparkly, snow scene.
    It would be lovely to curl up in that cozy cabin with a glass of wine and a good book.
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Really beautiful and sparkling scene Perfect for our challenge. Thanks for joining in with us over at Sparkles Christmas. Good luck. Hugs Debs DT. xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message! I love hearing from you.