A blog devoted to the cards I make in my tiny upstairs space. When my sister stays there, she calls it an "artist's garret". I'm not an artist, but am an enthusiastic cardmaker - hence the title "Cardmaker's Garret".
___________________________________________________________________________________________

Thursday 3 January 2019

Blue and Silver Peace Dove


Christine is hosting the first CAS Christmas challenge for 2019:


I love this colour combination - blue is my favourite colour and I think silver sets it off perfectly.

Every year my best friend asks me to make several Christmas cards with a peace dove theme so this one was made for her.

The background was created by spraying starch on mixed media cs, sprinkling with blue brushos, and then scrunching cling wrap over the top.   I left it to dry and then removed the cling wrap.

I die cut the dove and the frame from silver shimmer cs, and added a sentiment, heat embossed in silver.  Here's a closer photo:


We'd love to have you join us!  Check out CAS Christmas for more inspiration by the Design Team and our wonderful Guest Designer, Kaja (Kajcyika Crafts).  You have until January 24th to link up your cards.  Please keep them Clean and Simple, and follow the "blue and silver" requirement of the challenge.

And don't forget to check out the new CAS Stencil Card Challenge:


Its first challenge will be up and running on January 4th!

Happy New Year to everyone!






Supplies:
Stamps - A Muse sentiment
Ink - ColorBox silver
Paper - white and silver cs, mixed media cs
Size - A2
Accessories - Impression Obsession dove die, MFT pierced frame die, silver embossing powder, blue Brushos, spray starch, cling wrap



14 comments:

  1. LOVE this gorgeous background Susan. The colours are so pretty and very icy, cold looking. Gorgeous dove die-cut and lovely sentiment to go with it. The silver frame is beautiful against the blue cling wrap background. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a peaceful and elegant card. The technique and the brusho's look fabulous and so does your stunning card x.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous background with your brilliant blues and cling wrap, another technique I just use again. It's such an eye catching backdrop for that silver dove. I agree, I too love the blue and silver combination!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your background is absolutely gorgeous, Susan! I love the contrast of these shades of blue with silver...so elegant! I'm sure your friend is going to love it, too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Susan, your background is stunning. Amazing depth of colour and so elegant with the silver dove and silver frame.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amazing cling wrap background, Susan! I can see your love of blue looking at this card. :-) The silver shimmery dove looks so beautiful flying under the blue aurora.
    Hideko xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. So beautiful. Oh how I love that colour blue of Brusho, Susan. Amazing texture from the cling wrap. xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Susan, your Brusho background is so beautiful with the silver frame and dove. Gorgeous card.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The background is stunning and perfect for the dove! I adore your silver frame too. Stunning card!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a gorgeous piece of cling wrap background, Susan! I glows and shows that silver dove beautifully! Love the framing too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a gorgeous cling wrap background for your beautiful silver dove to fly across Susan! Julia xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gah, Susan, this is so lush and gorgeous! You make me want to try that starch and cling wrap technique again NOW. This is one of the best I've seen and it looks so pretty with the gray dove and frame! Your best friend must have loved it!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great technique for your background, Susan! It's perfect for that silver dove fluttering on top. xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. What fabulous contrast between the super bright blue background and the soft grey of the die frame and dove Susan. I must try the starch and cling film technique as the the icy look you have created looks great. x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message! I love hearing from you.