A blog devoted to the cards I make in my tiny upstairs space. When my sister stays there, she calls it an "artist's garret". I'm not an artist, but am an enthusiastic cardmaker - hence the title "Cardmaker's Garret".
___________________________________________________________________________________________

Sunday 25 August 2024

Vintage Poinsettia and Birds on a Wreath

Cracking on with Christmas cards every chance I get!

For Jingle Belles "The Spirit of Christmas Past", one of the options is to use a stamp that conveys a vintage vibe.  I used a Tim Holtz one that looks like a vintage postcard.


I put the stamp in my MISTI and stamped it with Antique Linen. Then I coloured sections of it with watercolour crayons, spritzed with water, and stamped again to add colour to certain sections. I then ran Antique Linen around the edges of the panel and heat embossed with clear embossing powder. The sentiment is die cut twice and glued together for more dimension. Champagne-coloured pearls finish it all off.

My Time to Craft Christmas's challenge is "Wreaths".  I used a never-before-used stamp so can also take the card to NBUS.

A simple image, stamped and watercoloured, trimmed with square dies, bordered in black, and embellished with glossy accents on the berries.

 

Grab our badge to display on your blog.

My Time To Craft Christmas!







Supplies for card 1:
Stamps - Tim Holtz
Ink - Distress Antique Line
Paper - watercolour paper, off white and red cs
Size - A2
Accessories - SU watercolour crayons, clear embossing powder, Penny Black sentiment die, stick-on champagne pearls

Supplies for card 2:
Stamps - Penny Black image, SSS sentiment
Ink - Versafine Onyx Black
Paper - watercolour paper, off white and black cs
Size - 5.25" square
Accessories - watercolour paints, glossy accents, Spellbinders square dies

9 comments:

  1. What a beautiful card design! Gorgeous colours too and awesome images used.. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have the perfect stamp for a vintage card, Susan! Love this postcard with the poinsettia and your fantastic coloring! The row of robins sitting in the leaf is so pretty! The birds look like they are wishing a merry Christmas to each other.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE your vintage postcard with the gorgeous poinsettia. Perfect for the challenge. I love that image of the three birds in the wreath. I have the same stamp but haven't inked it up yet. :( xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can always count on you for Christmas card inspiration, Susan! I love those sweet robin triplets swinging on the holly wreath and your vintage design is fantastic! It truly looks like a vintage postcard. Thank you for inspiring everyone to use their NBUS! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  5. The first with the pretty poinsettia on the postcard background definitely has that vintage look Susan, and the second is beautiful with the three sweet robins sitting in the holly and berries wreath, love the colouring..anything with robins will always be my favourite. x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that vintage stamp set, you created such a beautiful card and your little birds on the wreath are so tweet :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really like your wreath with birds and berries. You can see how they shine after using the glossy accents, which makes the whole card stand out. Thank you for attending MTTCC. Good luck. Martina - DT

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh wow, wow, WOW! What a showstopper of a card, I absolutely LOVE every single thing about this! So pleased you could join our old-fashioned, vintage-style holiday celebration at Jingle Belles!

    ReplyDelete
  9. what a lovely holiday design ... so glad you shared your Christmas Past with us at Jingle Belles.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message! I love hearing from you.