A blog devoted to the cards I make in my tiny upstairs space. When my sister stays there, she calls it an "artist's garret". I'm not an artist, but am an enthusiastic cardmaker - hence the title "Cardmaker's Garret".
___________________________________________________________________________________________

Sunday 25 August 2024

Reindeer with Blue Background

I'm honoured to be invited to be a Guest Designer at Rudolph Days.  It's an "anything Christmas goes" challenge that runs from the 25th to the end of each month.  Here's my card:


I created the background by lightly smooshing a piece of mixed media cardstock with Distress Weathered Wood and Stormy Sky.  Then with Stormy Sky, I stencilled the snowflake band from the Tim Holtz Holiday Knit stencil across the top.  I put the panel in my MISTI and stamped the reindeer, trees, and sentiments in black, and then sponged a bit of ground / shadowing under the deer and trees.  For the snow, I sprinkled Frantage Chunky White embossing powder over the panel and heated it from underneath so that it wouldn't blow off.

I'd love to see what you create for Rudolph Days!

 









Supplies:
Stamps - Tim Holtz
Ink - Versafine Onyx Black, Distress Weathered Wood and Stormy Sky
Paper - mixed media cs, off white cs
Size - A2
Accessories - Tim Holtz Holiday Knit stencil, Stampendous Frantage Chunky White embossing powder

8 comments:

  1. A beautiful card Susan, this winter scene certainly has that snowy day feel, and the added silhouette trees and deer with the seasonal sentiments over the top look great. I love the added white Frantage EP which is nice and chunky and makes great falling snow. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautifully put together - love your stencilled background.

    Thanks so much for joining me this month at the Rudolph Days Challenge.

    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations your card is adorable

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on Guest Designing at Rudolph Days!! Your card is gorgeous. I love the smooshed background with the stenciled design at the top. I don't think I've ever used my Stormy Sky DI. I need to play with it!! Beautiful scene with your silhouette images. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for going with a Christmas/winter interpretation for the something tree-related theme at MTTC! Lovely card! --Becca/DT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Susan: by the way, have you heard of FarmQuest Country Christmas Challenges blog? It's 1 of 8 that I've started throughout the past 2 1/2 years and is an offset month-long outdoor/exterior focused Christmas themed competition. Current challenge ends early on Sept 5th. Anything wintery weather, nature like deer and pine trees, rural-country-outside/exterior holiday decorations like wreath on the door and garland on the mailbox post, etc. It would be delightful if you would share with us. Look us up if you'd like.

      Delete
  6. Congratulations on your Guest Designer spot, Susan! I LOVE the sweet scene you have created! The colors are gorgeous with the silhouetted deer and trees!

    ReplyDelete
  7. congrats on being GD at Rudolf days. Your card is gorgeous. You've reminded me to pull out that Tim Holtz set xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message! I love hearing from you.