A blog devoted to the cards I make in my tiny upstairs space. When my sister stays there, she calls it an "artist's garret". I'm not an artist, but am an enthusiastic cardmaker - hence the title "Cardmaker's Garret".
___________________________________________________________________________________________

Tuesday 13 August 2024

Birthday Pony, Encouraging Pony, and Scrappy Owl

Three cards today!  I've been totally indulging myself in the Summer Olympics for the last 10 days but am now back in the craft room (when it's not too hot to be upstairs).  Two cooler cloudy days brought on a burst of creativity!

First up for my sister's 70th birthday and for the AAA Birthday Challenge "Critters" and the Seize the Birthday Challenge "Cute Critters":

Like me, my sister loves horses so I had to put a horse on her birthday card.  The image and the word "happy" are stamped and heat embossed in gold. I die cut "70th", then rubbed gold ink on it and heat embossed it with the same gold embossing powder. I die cut it twice more and glued them together to create lots of dimension. The panel is trimmed with a square die and popped up on fun foam on gold holographic star paper.

While I had the pony stamps at hand, I made a card for one of the therapeutic riding instructors I volunteer with who is leaving us to go off to grad school.  I'm linking it up with the My Time to Craft Challenge "Back to School".

I inked the tree up in green, the pony and rider in brown, and the sentiments in black, and bordered the focal panel with green and brown.

These stamps are made from images by the cartoonist, Thelwell, who did the funniest cartoons of children and ponies - all with very naughty ponies!

One final card.  For Jingle Belles "Holiday Leftovers" (use up scraps) and Snippets.

I used up some little scraps of white and green cs, and a small scrap of dp.  Stamped and watercoloured the image, trimmed with a deckle rectangle die, trimmed one of the green scraps with the next size up of deckle die, and then trimmed the scraps of dp and green cs with plain rectangle dies.

 
My Time To Craft!








Supplies for card 1:
Stamps - Isobel Craft Collection pony, Chocolate Baroque happy
Ink - ColorBox gold
Paper - white cs, Hot off the Press gold holographic star dp
Size - 5.25" square
Accessories - Ranger Princess Gold embossing powder, Spellbinders square dies, unknown 70th die

Supplies for card 2:
Stamps - Isobel Craft Collection
Ink - Memento Cottage Ivy, Archival Potting Soil, Versafine Clair Nocturne
Paper - white, green, dark brown, medium brown cs; mixed media cs
Size - A2

Supplies for card 3:
Stamps - Penny Black
Ink - Versafine Onyx Black
Paper - watercolour paper, green and off white cs
Size - A2
Accessories - watercolour paints, Spellbinders rectangle and deckled rectangle dies


10 comments:

  1. As always, a treasure trove of clever ideas, beautifully realized! Of course I'm bound to say the adorable Scrappy Owl is my favorite although they are all wonderful and Encouraging Pony has the best title (and sentiment! Tally Ho! ♥♥♥) So pleased you could join our Jingle Belles fun celebrating Holiday Leftovers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the Thelwell images (reminds me of being a kid!).
    Great Christmas card for your Snippets Playground homework. See you by the paddling pool! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. The two Thelwell images are great on these two cards Susan and love the first teamed with the holographic stars background and the image stamped using gold embossing, and the second is equally pretty with another fun Thelwell image stamped in brown, and then the background tree and grass in green..lovely colours and lastly the cute owl with his Santa hat and red scarf siting on a branch and love the stocking hanging from it, and the stars dp makes a wonderful background together with the deckle edged mats. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. That "tally ho" card is super cute! Thanks for sharing with us at MTTC :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Brilliant Snippets card Susan - the image is so sweet as well.n The Thelwell images cracked me up - as always, a total joy after all these years. Your lucky sister's card is stunning BTW!

    Hugs
    Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are all fantastic cards! I adore the Thelwell images and that lovely metallic! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMG I haven't seen Thelwell images for such a long time and your cards are super cute. ove the all gold embossed card and I'm sure your sister loved hers. Thanks for joining us at AAA Cards.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a fun image, love the Thelwell humour! Thanks for playing at AAA Birthday, hope to see you join in with future challenges too. Stay safe and keep crafting!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks so much for playing along with our cute critters at Seize the Birthday! Adorable image, great background paper and I love how you did the sentiment.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely work, Thank you for joining the challenge at My Time to Craft. Hope to see you again.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message! I love hearing from you.