A blog devoted to the cards I make in my tiny upstairs space. When my sister stays there, she calls it an "artist's garret". I'm not an artist, but am an enthusiastic cardmaker - hence the title "Cardmaker's Garret".
___________________________________________________________________________________________

Saturday 17 August 2024

Brick House at Christmas

For Peace on Earth this time, I chose the bottom left image of our lovely mood board (see it at the end of the post).


I started by rubbing two shades of Distress ink on the brick side of my embossing folder, spritzed lightly with water, inserted my cs, and ran it through the Cuttlebug.  Then trimmed it down and added it to the card base.  I die cut the door and tree twice each and glued them together.  I sponged the tree with a couple of green Distress inks.  I added them to the brick panel, slightly propping the door open with a couple of dimensionals.

Then I created a tiny wreath.  Using my two smallest circle dies, I cut a tiny wreath base out of green cs.  Then with the old Martha Stewart pine branch punch, I punched out several sprigs from mottled green patterned papers.  I cut each sprig in half as I was going for such a small wreath, then overlaped them on the wreath base, gluing each one over a bit from the previous one.  I glued the wreath to the door, added a little red bow and some tiny clear gemstones, added larger clear gemstones to the tree (more like a small bush in this scene), and a silver nailhead embellishment to the door to be the door handle.

I stamped the sentiment in red and die cut it with a pierced banner die.

Here's the mood board with my inspiration on the bottom left:

Head over to Peace on Earth and see how the rest of the Design Team were inspired by the mood board, and then please join us with your inspired card, or if you prefer, an "anything Christmas goes" card.








Supplies:
Stamps - Rubber Soul sentiment
Ink - SU Real Red, Distress Fired Brick, Vintage Photo, Evergreen Bough, and Rustic Wilderness
Paper - chalk coloured cs, scraps of green patterned paper
Size - A2
Accessories - Sizzix brick wall embossing folder, Memory Box door die, Martha Stewart pine branch punch, red ribbon, clear gemstones, silver nailhead embellishment, unknown tree die, unknown pierced banner die


10 comments:

  1. Wow love this and the wall is realistic - fabulous xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks great Susan, and love the way you added the dimensionals to keep the door open a little, and the added colour on the brick EF before embossing has worked brilliantly, and your little wreath on the door with all the little punched branches and a pretty red bow and gems to finish it ..such super detail throughout! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just beautiful Susan! Love the red brick wall ... FANTASTIC design!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that little wreath, it looks so real. The open door is so clever and the brick front on the house looks so authentic. Great card.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love how realistic the bricks look and that sweet wreath on the door!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful Susan, the bricks look amazing xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Absolutely beautiful and love the background of the bricks, very creative!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is a great card inspired by the photo, Susan. LOVE your brick wall and the adorable wreath on the front door. xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love how you created the colouring for the brick background ef and your beautiful door. Great card.

    ReplyDelete
  10. A wonderful red brick home Susan, with it's lovely white door decorated for Christmas!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message! I love hearing from you.