A blog devoted to the cards I make in my tiny upstairs space. When my sister stays there, she calls it an "artist's garret". I'm not an artist, but am an enthusiastic cardmaker - hence the title "Cardmaker's Garret".
___________________________________________________________________________________________

Saturday 9 March 2024

Green Dotted Die Cut Trees and a Bah Humbug Cat

It's March so inevitably lots of challenges ask for green.  See end of post for the challenges.


I die cut the set of four Poppy Stamp trees out of a scrap of green dotted cs sitting on my desk, layered them on two more layers cut from scraps of white cs for dimensions and arranged them around a green stamped sentiment.  Then bordered with green and cut a few sparkly white snowflakes out of a snippet of glitter cs.

As a retired librarian who worked as a children's librarian for many years, I couldn't resist the Once Upon a Time challenge to be inspired by the book The Cat in the Hat:


I stamped it, coloured the hat with a red alcohol marker and the stars with a gold metallic pen, trimmed it with a deckle edge die, and bordered it with gold shimmer cs.

Challenges for the first card:

The Sisterhood of Crafters "Dots and/or Stripes"

Colorful Options "Green" 

Jingle Belles "Primarily Die Cuts" 

Christmas Kickstart "Get Your Grinch On (Green Takes Centre Stage)" 

Snippets


Badge...  Please Grab Our Badge! 

  Player's Badge








Supplies for card 1:
Stamps - Rosie's Roadshow sentiment
Ink - Distress Lucky Clover
Paper - white cs, green dotted cs, white shimmer cs
Size - A2
Accessories - Poppy Stamp set of four tree dies, tiny snowflake die

Supplies for card 2:
Stamps - Technique Junkies
Ink - Versafine Onyx Black
Paper - chalk cs, gold shimmer cs
Size - A2
Accessories - red alcohol marker, gold metallic pen, fun flock, Spellbinders deckle edge die


13 comments:

  1. Great card Susan - that's my idea for green trees in Kickstart outta the window! However, I have a couple more ideas up my sleeve - for once!

    Hugs
    Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your wonderfully dimensional dotty trees Susan and the pretty snowflakes from the white glitter card, and your version of 'The Cat in the Hat' is such a fun image..love the Santa Hat and the gold stars around draped around it, and the perfect sentiment. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your dotted christmastrees are a great idea!
    Lia DT TSOC

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the sweet simplicity of your tree card - lovely. I really like your cat in the hat inspired card too. Thanks for playing along with Meghan and me at Christmas Kickstart, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Two super Christmas cards Susan.
    Thanks for bring the first one along to the SNIPPETS PLAYGROUND. It certainly feels like winter still! I'll make you a nice mug of hot chocolate if you visit the treehouse. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. The dotted trees are cute. You’ve nailed the green challenges. The second card is so fun and made me smile.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fun cards Susan. I especially love the cat-in-the-hat inspired card. That little guy looks a bit grumpy so the "Bah Humbug" is perfect. :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. two great cards. Your dotted trees are a great use of DP and I love that cat, he's so full of Bah humbug :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. love those fun little polka dot Christmas trees ... so very glad you shared your die cuts with us at Jingle Belles.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a pretty forest of pine trees with the snow falling! Love your Cat in the Hat! This is sure to bring a chuckle to the recipient!

    ReplyDelete
  11. LOVE YOUR trees! Thank you for joining my Guest Elf Theme GRINCH at Christmas Kickstart! www.madebymeghank.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Two great designs for Christmas Susan - wonderful pines cut from the dotted green under the sparkly snowflakes - and love that Santa cat all wrapped up in the string of stars! Julia xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. What different approaches to Christmas time cards, Susan! For the humbug cat and having a red and white Santa cap instead of a striped hat makes a great interpretation for OUAT's March children's book selection! Thanks for sharing! --Guest DT, Becca

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message! I love hearing from you.