A blog devoted to the cards I make in my tiny upstairs space. When my sister stays there, she calls it an "artist's garret". I'm not an artist, but am an enthusiastic cardmaker - hence the title "Cardmaker's Garret".
___________________________________________________________________________________________

Wednesday 27 March 2024

Happy Easter and a CAS Sympathy

Easter is coming up and I had to get this card ready for the hostess of the brunch I'm going to.  And Sweet Stampin' and Shopping our Stash both want Easter cards.


Stamped, watercoloured, trimmed with a stitched rectangle. I thought of doing the chicks' little sweaters in various colours but my friend's favourite colour (like mine) is blue. 

While I was away recently, another friend of mine's husband passed away.  So this is for her.  It will work well for Addicted to CAS "Bloom" as I've got a single bloom and for Word Power as the sentiment is the more predominant part of the card.

I put the flower in my MISTI and coloured it with Tombow markers. I used a grey ink for the sentiment as I thought black would look too strong.  I die cut the panel with a stitched square and popped it up on fun foam. I added a drop of liquid pearls to the centre of the flower.


Sweet Stampin' Challenge Blog
Grab Our Badge!

Please share our Blog Badge







Supplies for card 1:
Stamps - House Mouse "Will Knit for Friends", SU sentiment
Ink - Versafine Clair Nocturne
Paper - watercolour paper, off white and blue cs
Size - A2
Accessories - watercolour paints, Lil Inker stitched rectangle die

Supplies for card 2:
Stamps - SU Love and Sympathy
Ink - Versafine Clair grey
Paper - white cs
Size - 4.75" square
Accessories - Tombow markers, liquid pearls, Lil Inkers stitched square die, fun foam


8 comments:

  1. I love your Easter card Susan, with the adorable little chicks with their knitted coats, and knitted by the sweet and prettily coloured rabbit..a really cute card, and then the sympathy card with that beautiful single flower done with your Tombow markers straight to stamp, a technique I haven't done for some time, and some lovely words too. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. such a sweet image on your Easter card with the knitting bunny and your sympathy card is so elegant with a perfect sentiment xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. As so often happens in life, there is both joy and sadness here today. Your Easter card is so sweet and I love how Mama Bunny made all the little chickie's sweaters the same color! And your sympathy design is heartwarming and poignant. It will bring your friend comfort. Happy Easter, Susan! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE your sweet Bunny knitting sweaters for all the chicks. Adorable Susan!! So sorry to hear about your friend's husband. A beautiful sympathy card made with love. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for sharing your beautiful Easter card at Sweet Stampin' Challenges. I love the clean design, the cute stamp you've used and your lovely colouring.
    Chris
    x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful - such an elegant design and a lovely sentiment.

    Thanks for joining us at Addicted to CAS.

    Helen x
    DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. The knitting bunny is so cut, Susan, as well as all the chicks in their blue sweaters! Love the single flower. This has always been one of my favorite stamps! It's so sweet with the pink bloom!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sweet Easter card and a very pretty sympathy card. Love the simplicity of the sympathy card.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message! I love hearing from you.