A blog devoted to the cards I make in my tiny upstairs space. When my sister stays there, she calls it an "artist's garret". I'm not an artist, but am an enthusiastic cardmaker - hence the title "Cardmaker's Garret".
___________________________________________________________________________________________

Saturday 16 March 2024

A Santa for Peace on Earth

For this challenge, Peace on Earth has a great mood board with Santa images.  I used an old Santa stamp that I've had for ages.


I coloured the Santa with watercolour paints, added a vertical sentiment, trimmed with a pierced rectangle die and mounted on a red card base to allow colour to show through the pierced dots.

Please check out the inspiration from the rest of the Design Team and join us at Peace on Earth with a card.  We'd love to see you be inspired by our mood board, but if not, you can enter an "anything Christms" card.  










Supplies:
Stamps - SU Santa, Impression Obsession sentiment
Ink - Versafine Clair Nocturne
Paper - cold press watercolour paper, red cs
Size - A2
Accessories - watercolour paints, Sizzix dotted rectangle die

10 comments:

  1. LOVE this image ... great colouring Susan! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your Santa so beautifully watercoloured Susan, and looks great with the vertical sentiment and the pierced mat with the red behind finishes it perfectly..a really lovely Christmas card. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is gorgeous, Susan! Isn't it lovely to revisit older images and give them an update, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is fabulous ... love your vertical sentiment! Awesome inspiration ... thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just love your santa - I do like them with the long robe - Father Christmas or Saint Nick xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful vintage Santa Susan and the vertical sentiment is perfect xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a cheerful Santa image. I love it.
    Lia xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I always love seeing this Santa, Susan! He is so magical and elegant!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful card and watercoloring. I can see why you’ve hung onto this Santa stamp. Love the vertical sentiment (enabler alert! 😂)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautifully designed; love the santa!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message! I love hearing from you.