A blog devoted to the cards I make in my tiny upstairs space. When my sister stays there, she calls it an "artist's garret". I'm not an artist, but am an enthusiastic cardmaker - hence the title "Cardmaker's Garret".
___________________________________________________________________________________________

Saturday 18 June 2022

Greenery for Peace on Earth Challenge

Time for another Peace on Earth Challenge!  It's a wonderful way to get some of your Christmas cards made well ahead of time. 

Here's the mood board that inspired me:




I used the black and white from the images but had no black and white gingham paper or ribbon, so used the hemstitch die to try and reflect the little squares in gingham.  I also used the idea of green branches and a swag.  I did have a bit of green and white gingham ribbon so added that.  The branches on my swag are die cut from a mix of green glitter and shimmer cs.

Please come and join us.  Peace on Earth is an "anything Christmas goes" challenge so you don't have to reflect the mood board if you don't want to.

I'm also adding the card to the Snippets Playground as I used up some little pieces of white, black, green glitter, and green shimmer cs.








Supplies:
Stamps - SU sentiment
Ink - Memento Tuxedo Black
Paper - white and black cs, green glitter and green shimmer cs
Size - A2
Accessories - Tim Holtz greenery die cuts, Spellbinders hemstitch rectangle die, green gingham ribbon

7 comments:

  1. Love this pretty swag of greenery, Susan! It shows beautifully off the black background and framed with the hemstitch frame!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so cool and eye-catching, Susan! LOve the combination of green glitter and shimmer greenery. The shimmer and sparkle is pretty! Using your hemstitch die to reflect the squares in gingham is so creative!
    Hideko xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful Christmas greenery spray, love the green on the black :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. The shimmer on the pine swag is wonderful! This is a lovely card, Susan!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a clever & beautiful creation Susan!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pretty swag of pine leaves, Susan. Love the design with your black and white accents. xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful! Love the greenery!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message! I love hearing from you.