A blog devoted to the cards I make in my tiny upstairs space. When my sister stays there, she calls it an "artist's garret". I'm not an artist, but am an enthusiastic cardmaker - hence the title "Cardmaker's Garret".
___________________________________________________________________________________________

Tuesday 7 June 2022

Summer Tea Time

The Four Seasons Challenge is celebrating summer right now and there is nothing I like better in the summer than having tea in the garden with friends.  And the Paper Players challenge is asking for Food and / or Beverages.  So I made this card that has both food and beverage, and is perfect for summer tea in the garden. 

I've had this stamp for years and have no idea who made it.  I coloured it with coloured pencils, trimmed it with a stitched rectangle die, and bordered with some dp that's been in my stash for as long as I've had the old stamp - good to revisit some old supplies!

I would love to be sitting down to tea and cake right now!  I can do the tea but I don't have any cake on hand!

The Paper Players

The Four Seasons Challenge "Summer"









Supplies:
Stamps - unknown
Ink - Memento Tuxedo Black
Paper - white cs, unknown dp
Size - A2
Accessories - coloured pencils, Lil Inkers Stitched Rectangle die

14 comments:

  1. This is perfectly charming, Susan! My aunt would be all over this. She loves setting up and decorating for tea parties at her church and for a social group of retired ladies!

    ReplyDelete
  2. great match with the image and DP and such a great image ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card! I love the image and it's great that it will be easy to mail! Thanks for joining us at The Four Seasons Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous image and a lovely design. Yes, it's nice to shop our stash and find treasures we've forgotten about. Thanks for entering The Four Seasons Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A beautifully created card! Thank you for joining us at Four Seasons!
    Diane FS DT {Nellies Nest}
    {Four Seasons}

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this Susan! It almost makes me wish I lived in that era where women wore those fun hats. You have the most fabulous collection of vintage stamps and you use them so beautifully. Your background paper is so perfect for this.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Tea in your garden sounds lovely, Susan! Your tea service is so pretty and the cake looks delicious! Your shortbread cookies would be even better!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a lovely image, and you have colored it perfectly, Susan! This is such sweet paper. It looks amazing with this stamp. Thank you for playing with The Paper Players this week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yummy card Susan. Love the floral background and your sweet tea-time image (beautifully coloured). I have enjoyed tea in your garden and it is THE BEST! Hope we can do that again this summer. xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a terrific idea to have tea in the garden. The coloring looks beautiful on the teapot and cups and the flowers look so pretty on the table. Wish I could be there to join the tea party.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Stunning card, the background paper you used goes so perfectly with the image and colors. Thanks for sharing with us at Four Seasons!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the English Cottage style, and your lovely tea party scene is so sweet! Makes me nostalgic for a past time. Fabulous coloring and papers! I'm so glad that you joined us this week at The Paper Players.

    ReplyDelete
  13. So pretty, Susan! Those little flowers are the perfect dainty background for your sweet tea party. Thanks so much for joining us the week over at The Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lovely tea time card, Susan! Great choice for the DP and for the pencil colors! The image and the pattern match perfectly! Now your card made me feel like having some tea and cake!! :-)
    Hideko xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message! I love hearing from you.