A blog devoted to the cards I make in my tiny upstairs space. When my sister stays there, she calls it an "artist's garret". I'm not an artist, but am an enthusiastic cardmaker - hence the title "Cardmaker's Garret".
___________________________________________________________________________________________

Friday 17 June 2022

A New Wreath

Here's my reminder card for the CAS Christmas "Wreath" challenge.

I stamped the wreath in brown and the sentiment in red.  Then coloured the berries red, the tiny leaves with a dark green, and the ties on the wreath with antique linen.  I went over the stars with a quickie glue pen and added gold glitter.  I trimmed it with a rectangle die and popped it up on fun foam.

Please come and join us at CAS Christmas and show us your wreath cards!  The challenge is open until June 24th.

A good opportunity to use a never before used wreath stamp - not that I've used it, I'm wondering why it sat for so long before being inked up!  So it's also going off to:

NBUS Challenge








Supplies:
Stamps - Impression Obsession Wreath, Rubber Soul sentiment
Ink - Ranger Archival Potting Soil and Red Geranium
Paper - cream cs
Size - A2
Accessories - Spellbinders rectangle die, Tim Holtz Distress markers, gold glitter, fun foam

12 comments:

  1. It is so fun to see all the different wreaths everyone used, this one is very striking and I really like your added gold to the stars! Fun wreath!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love brown and red together. This is fabulous with the added sparkle from the glitter. So pretty Susan! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This has a charming country feel to it! Wonderful card, Susan!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree about the country feel of the wreath. It is the kind I'd like to have on my front door. I like the pretty stars decorating it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is a great wreath Susan and so wonderful that you finally got it out! love the off size shape and all the details with the ties, stars and berries!

    ReplyDelete
  6. A beautifully stamped, colored, and embellished wreath, Susan! The sparkle of the stars must be prettier in real life! The cream color of the front panel and card base adds warm feelings.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so sparkly and pretty Susan and the red and gold colour combination is beautiful for Christmas I think. Thank you so much for joining us over at the NBUS Challenge. x

    ReplyDelete
  8. love that wreath Susan, I might just have to borrow that one. Love your card ♥

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is an awesome wreath stamp, Susan, and I believe you'll use it many more times! Love all those tiny details!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your rustic wreath is absolutely BEAUTIFUL Susan!! I too love the brown and red together, and the addition of the gold glitter makes it just that much more festive!! Lovely, lovely card my friend!! Hugs. :0)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Susan, this is an awesome rustic wreath with pops of red and sparkly stars.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love how sweet and rustic the image is, Susan, and how you have made the berries pop and the stars schparkle! It would make a wonderful OLC for batch-making, too. Thank you for inspiring everyone at NBUS! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message! I love hearing from you.