A blog devoted to the cards I make in my tiny upstairs space. When my sister stays there, she calls it an "artist's garret". I'm not an artist, but am an enthusiastic cardmaker - hence the title "Cardmaker's Garret".
___________________________________________________________________________________________

Wednesday 22 June 2022

A Cardinal and a Puppy

A Christmas card Twofer today.  First up for the Christmas Cards All Year Round "Red and White" challenge:


I pulled out a really old stamp that I've had for years and stamped and heat embossed it in red. I die cut the panel with a square hemstitch die and backed it with red shimmer cs. I die cut the sentiment "joy" with the same cs. The whole panel is popped up on fun foam for dimension.

And the second card is for the Christmas Kickstart "Pawfectly Pawsome Christmas" challenge.

I thought this stamp with the puppy's paws hanging over the box fit the "pawfectly pawsome" idea so well!


Stamped and watercoloured, framed with a green pierced rectangle frame, and mounted on a red card base.  The sentiment ended up crooked so I restamped it on a little strip of cs and glued it over the crooked one.

Christmas Cards All Year Round "Candy Cane and / or Red AND White"

Grab our badge!

Christmas Kickstart

 

 







Supplies for card 1:
Stamps - Inkadinkado cardinal
Ink - ColorBox Chianti
Paper - red shimmer and white cs
Size - 4.75" square
Accessories - Ranger Rich Red embossing powder, Spellbinders square hemstitch die, Tattered Lace joy die, fun foam

Supplies for card 2:
Stamps - Hobby Art "A Christmas Tail"
Ink - Archival Jet Black
Paper - watercolour paper, red and green cs
Size - A2
Accessories - watercolour paints, MFT Pierced Rectangle Frame die


10 comments:

  1. both cards are great, love the pop of red against the white with your cardinal and that little dog is so adorable :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Two beautiful cards! I like them both, Susan, but I hope it's ok that the puppy parcel just edges for me. Thanks for playing again at Christmas Kickstart, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Two fabulous cards Susan! Your red & white Cardinal card is SO pretty...sometimes digging out those older stamps make the prettiest cards! Loving the die cut hemstitch framing on that card too! And your sweet pup peeking out of the gift box...just too CUTE and totally reminds me of our sweet Brinkley...he was a cockapoo and the same color as what you colored your pup in your card. Wonderful cards my friend!! Hugs. :0)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a pretty cardinal, Susan! I love how you've framed him with the hemstitch! And your puppy showing his paws is pawfect, my friend! So adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful creations!!! Thanks so much for participating in our CHRISTMAS CRAFTS ALL YEAR ROUND challenge!!! I appreciate that you play along and I enjoy visiting your blog!! Have a happy crafty day!!
    Deanne at A Little Bit O’ Paper

    ReplyDelete
  6. Both cards are fantastic, Susan! The red peeking through the square hemstitch frame is so pretty and you used the two colors (red and white) so effectively. The puppy card is so cute and perfect for the Pawfectly Pawsome Christmas challenge!
    Hideko xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely cards Susan - and I actually can't l pick a favourite. I love them both! I was so very sad to read about Teddy on Facebook. Was lost for words to be honest. Bless him - galloping free in the clouds now!

    Hugs

    Di
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful Red Cardinal and all white CAS design for your 1st card, Susan. Loved your sweet puppy Christmas Card too. Both cards perfect for the challenges. TFS my friend. Love and hugs..

    ReplyDelete
  9. Two wonderful Christmas cards Susan. LOVE the gorgeous cardinal heat embossed on red. The dotty border compliments your image perfectly. LOVE the adorable pup that's peaking out from the box. How sweet!! Great watercolouring! xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awesome great cards and image here, ♥

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message! I love hearing from you.