A blog devoted to the cards I make in my tiny upstairs space. When my sister stays there, she calls it an "artist's garret". I'm not an artist, but am an enthusiastic cardmaker - hence the title "Cardmaker's Garret".
___________________________________________________________________________________________

Saturday 2 July 2022

Blue Bells for Christmas

My goodness, the weeks roll around quickly!  Time for a new Peace on Earth challenge - anything goes as long as it's Christmas but you can choose to be inspired by the mood board.  I chose the bottom right image (see the mood board below) and made this card:

No stamping on this card - just lots of die cutting.  The branch and sentiment are cut from green shimmer cs, the stitched die cut panel and card base are white shimmer cs, and the bells are blue glitter cs.  I also cut the bells from a scrap of white cs and glued them together to give the bells more substance.  They are hung from the branch with gold cord and popped up a bit with dimensional tape.

Here's the Peace on Earth mood board:

I'm also entering it in the Snippets challenge as I used scraps of shimmer and glitter cs for the die cutting.








Supplies:
Paper - white and green shimmer cs, blue glitter cs
Size - A2
Accessories - Lil Inker bells and stitched rectangle dies, Impression Obsession pine branch die, Essentials by Ellen sentiment dies, foam tape, gold cord

9 comments:

  1. OH how pretty! What a fabulous overall design ... love it! Awesome inspiration my friend! Hope you're having a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautifully created and LOVE all the pretty shimmer, great design too!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE those pretty blue glitter bells Susan. Beautiful card using the bottom right photo for inspiration. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a pretty Christmas card. Hope you come back and play in the Snippets Playground as Di & I are having a Christmas theme all through the July challenges!! Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. The weeks fly by! Love your blue jingle bells and the pretty pine branch! A very merry Christmas card, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a striking card Susan. It's CAS, stylish and a super Christmas card!

    Hugs

    Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great die cutting to make this pretty Christmas card.

    Thanks for coming to play at the Snippets Playground. Here’s a nice tall Sarngria for you to enjoy xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. pretty die cut ornaments, and love the colour combo of the blue against to the green pine branch

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message! I love hearing from you.