A blog devoted to the cards I make in my tiny upstairs space. When my sister stays there, she calls it an "artist's garret". I'm not an artist, but am an enthusiastic cardmaker - hence the title "Cardmaker's Garret".
___________________________________________________________________________________________

Tuesday 3 August 2021

Christmas (or could be Hanukkah) Decorations

August's host of CAS Christmas is Cathy and she's asking for decorations on our cards.

After I made my card, I thought the six-pointed star decorations done in blue could make either a Christmas or a Hanukkah card so I used a holiday-neutral sentiment!



I die cut the detailed ornament top die three times and glued them together. I cut the other non-detailed die out of a piece of white shimmer cs to get the openings for the coloured cs layer to show through. I put some acetate on the back of the white layer, glued on the three layers of ornament detail, and then filled in all the little spaces with Glossy Accents, adding enough Glossy Accents to fill in the gaps up to the top of the die. I then added that whole layer to aqua/turquoise glitter cs with foam tape so that there is the illusion of looking through glass. Kind of fiddly, but worth the effort!

Please come and join us at CAS Christmas!  There is lots of inspiration from this month's wonderful Guest Designer, Lucie, and the rest of the Design Team.

CAS Christmas









Supplies:
Stamps - Rubber Soul sentiment
Ink - ColorBox Cyan
Paper - white shimmer and aqua/turquoise glitter cs
Size - A2
Accessories - Memory Box ornaments die, Glossy Accents, clear embossing powder, fun foam

14 comments:

  1. I'd forgotten about this technique, your stars look wonderful ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your star decorations look like stained glass Susan, beautiful and love the colour, Cathy x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such beautiful blue star ornaments Susan! SO pretty with the glossy accents added! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow, Susan, what a stunning card. It is sure worth being a little labor intensive!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a lovely set of ornaments, Susan! Your trio of stars is so pretty and I love that you chose blue for your color palette! Great idea to use a neutral sentiment, too ~ xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. What patience you have to do this one. It was worth it. The crystal effects in the stars looks wonderful! Stacking the die cuts is another skill I respect. Gorgeous card, Susan!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sure was worth the effort Susan as your card looks amazing and so very pretty x.

    ReplyDelete
  8. How pretty is this Susan?!!! It may have been fiddly, but totally worth the time as it looks just like stained glass window ornaments! LOVE it!! Hugs. :0)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the detail of these stars, Susan, and the way you've done them to look like stained glass is awesome! The fiddly time was well spent, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Just love your stained glass ornaments, Susan - so beautiful and elegant!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Definitely worth the effort Susan! Your card is gorgeous. I LOVE the bright shades of blue and the shine from your glossy accents. xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a lovely blue star ornaments, Susan! I can see the pretty shine of Glossy Accent! The dimension of the die-cuts adds so much interest to the two-tone CAS card. It's definitely worth the time and effort!
    Hideko xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. A holiday neutral card… brilliant! You know I love the colour. And all that glitter and shine is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful shiny stars for you holiday neutral card. Very pretty card.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message! I love hearing from you.