A blog devoted to the cards I make in my tiny upstairs space. When my sister stays there, she calls it an "artist's garret". I'm not an artist, but am an enthusiastic cardmaker - hence the title "Cardmaker's Garret".
___________________________________________________________________________________________

Sunday 29 August 2021

Alice

My best friend has a dog called Alice who is the worst food thief in the world.  Alice adores my friend's husband more than she loves anyone else and he adores her.  He says she loves him the best because she watches him all the time, but we say it's because he gives her more treats than my friend does.   When I saw this stamp, I had to have it - the dog looks like Alice and the sentiment is so perfect for her food obsession.

 

I stamped in dark brown ink and heat embossed in clear, added a bit of red heart tape under the dog to ground her, and used a dark brown card base. It looks more black in the photo, but  actually dark brown (the colour of my friend's dog).

I'm giving the card to my friend to give to her husband as a birthday card from Alice.

I'm linking it up at Cardz 4 Guyz where their challenge is "Things with Tails".







Supplies:
Stamps - Technique Junkies
Ink - Versafine Clair Fallen Leaves
Paper - cream and dark brown cs
Size - A2
Accessories - clear embossing powder, red heart tape

9 comments:

  1. HaHaHa...The absolute Perfect card for your best friend's dog to give to her husband:-) He will laugh out loud and treasure his special card:-) TFS Susan. Love and Hugs...Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute. Cute image and sentiment. Thanks for sharing over at Cardz 4 guyz.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sentiment made me chuckle!! Perfect for our "things with tails" challenge!! So glad you joined the fun and played along!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL! This is a perfect card from Alice! Love the dog and the sentiment! This card is sure to be a hit!

    ReplyDelete
  5. the perfect card for a food obsessed dog, I know because I have 2 :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your friend's husband will love this card from Alice, Susan! The silhouette on the heart tape is so cute! My husband and I were talking about the song & the Police just last night. :-)
    Hideko xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. so cute...great sentiment too
    xx Karen

    ReplyDelete
  8. Adorable card Susan! I LOVE that sentiment. I know have that tune in my head!! Your friend's hubby is going to love this Alice card! xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Now that's a perfect stamp and a fabulous sentiment and so thoughtful Susan. I love this card x. Sorry to be late commenting but I was away visiting family, after nearly two years and it felt so good! x.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message! I love hearing from you.