A blog devoted to the cards I make in my tiny upstairs space. When my sister stays there, she calls it an "artist's garret". I'm not an artist, but am an enthusiastic cardmaker - hence the title "Cardmaker's Garret".
___________________________________________________________________________________________

Monday 23 August 2021

Faux Mother-of-Pearl and a Die Cut Flower

It seems I'm of an age when friends' elderly parents are dying so much more frequently.  I needed another sympathy card today.


I made a faux mother-of-pearl background with blue Distress inks and white pearlescent paint.  I stamped and heat embossed the sentiment, trimmed the panel and sponged a bit of dark blue around the edges, and added a white flower die cut to the top.  The panel is popped up on fun foam.

I'm adding it to The Flower Challenge:











Supplies:
Stamps - PTI sentiment
Ink - various blue Distress inks, ColorBox White
Paper - white cs
Size - A2
Accessories - Memory Box flower die, white pearlescent paint, fun foam

8 comments:

  1. Beautiful Faux mother of Pearl, and always love the blues you choose ♥ :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is soothing and perfect, Susan, and it's sure to bring comfort to the families. On my monitor it looks like you cut the background from a gorgeous sheet of blue frosted glass! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a pretty background to show off this sweet flower, Susan! Very soothing and perfect for a sympathy card. Sorry you had need of one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful background and such a soothing color for a sympathy card. I haven't done that technique in a while so thanks for the inspiration to try that again!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The muted blue tone is beautiful and perfect for a sympathy card. The mother of pearl effect adds so much interest to the monochromatic card! Thank you so much for joining us at The Flower Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful sympathy card, Susan! The faux mother-of-pearl is one of the techniques I've wanted to try and I haven't.
    The pearly shimmer and soothing blue is perfect for the occasion.
    Hideko xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. so beautiful...and in my fav colour too.
    xx karen

    ReplyDelete
  8. So pretty and so very delicate and beautiful for the sad occasion x.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message! I love hearing from you.