A blog devoted to the cards I make in my tiny upstairs space. When my sister stays there, she calls it an "artist's garret". I'm not an artist, but am an enthusiastic cardmaker - hence the title "Cardmaker's Garret".
___________________________________________________________________________________________

Tuesday 24 August 2021

Stamping Through a Stencil

Squeaking in under the wire for the CAS Mix Up challenge "Stamping Through a Stencil".

I made two cards, both using a stencil of bare-branched trees that my dear friend, Loll, made for me on her Cricut.


In both cases, I sponged various Distress inks through the stencil and then stamped the two deer through the stencil for the first card and a text / snowflake background stamp through the stencil of the second one.

I added a white heat embossed sentiment banner to the first, bordered it with brown cs, and popped it up on fun foam.

For the second, I added a die cut Santa and his reindeer (cut twice and glued together for more substance).

I enjoyed the technique and will do it again for sure.

CAS Mix Up











Supplies for card 1:
Stamps - Studio Light reindeer, Rubber Soul sentiment
Ink - various Distress inks, ColorBox white
Paper - Gina K white cs, brown cs
Size - 5.25" square
Accessories - homemade tree stencil, white embossing powder, fun foam

Supplies for card 2:
Stamps - unknown text / snowflake background stamp
Ink - various Distress inks
Paper - Gina K white cs, dark grey cs
Size - A2
Accessories - homemade tree stencil, Frantic Stamper Santa's Sleigh die

15 comments:

  1. Two wonderful examples of stamping through a stencil, Susan! Love the deer in the peaceful wooded scene and the dimension of Santa and his reindeer flying over the other! Thanks so much for sharing with us at CAS Mix Up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish you'd have made a video of you doing this as I'd like to see it for real. I've tried different things and they just don't work out. Please do a video. Thanks. Edna

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    3. Sorry, Edna, I don't have a video camera and I have no experience with making videos. I used the technique seen in this video by Jennifer McGuire - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vbHMxvQABy4&t=436s

      Delete
  3. Both cards are beautiful I love the deer in the trees, a perfect imprint of the deer :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Two beautiful cards! Both are perfect examples of this technique! So happy to see your card in the gallery at CAS Mix Up:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Clever idea to have the deer behind the trees as well as the script! Love these ideas, Susan! Wonderful colors too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are great scenes, Susan. I really like the script in the background. Fun ways to do the stamping through the stencil.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love both your stamped thru your stencil scenes, Susan. I agree, a wonderful technique:-) I have already used it several times:-) Now I know how to get the deer hiding behind the trees:-) Love and Hugs..Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Both of these designs are simply awesome... the scene you created is magical, great choice of both stencil and stamps!
    Thanks so much for joining in our challenge at CAS Mix Up.
    Chrissie x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Two awesome cards using the stamping through stencil technique Susan!! Amazing work, my friend! xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Both cards are elegant and, oh so, lovely. Terrific examples of what this challenge is all about. Both wonderful stenciling and precise, clean stamping. Thank you kindly for sharing it in the CAS gallery.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love these...great looking cards mf.
    Hope you are well.
    xx Karen

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fabulous inspiration and what a fabulous effect with the technique Susan x. I thought I might have just caught these before going away but I am so glad that I didn't miss them now x.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message! I love hearing from you.