A blog devoted to the cards I make in my tiny upstairs space. When my sister stays there, she calls it an "artist's garret". I'm not an artist, but am an enthusiastic cardmaker - hence the title "Cardmaker's Garret".
___________________________________________________________________________________________

Saturday 31 July 2021

Christmas Thoughts

Playing around making some Christmas cards and thought about making one for my nephew.  His father (my ex-brother-in-law) passed away from Covid a month or so ago (he was immune-compromised because of the cancer treatment he was going through) so it will be a hard Christmas for my nephew.  I didn't want a card that says "Merry Christmas" as I don't think it will be very merry for him.

I made the blue background by sprinkling a couple of shades of blue Magicals on mixed media cs and spritzing with water.  When dry, I topped it with the die cut of trees and reindeer, added a heat embossed blue sentiment, and popped it up on fun foam.

I'm linking up with these challenges:

The Male Room "Christmas in July"



Christmas Kickstart "Woolly, Fluffy, or Furry" - the reindeer are furry.
 

July Rudolph Days Challenge 

Cardz 4 Guyz "Shades of Blue" 

 







Supplies:
Stamps - Impression Obsession sentiment
Ink - ColorBox Royal Blue
Paper - white and mixed media cs
Size - A2
Accessories - unknown die, blue Magicals, fun foam

17 comments:

  1. Hi Susan,
    Happy Rudolf Days.
    So sorry to hear about you ex Brother in Law yes it will be a hard time for your Nephew the first Christmas always is.
    I love your wonderful card and that brilliant background you have created.
    Such a very nice die cut also.
    Thank you for joining the Rudolf Challenge.
    Lots of crafty love. Jenny L. DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a perfect card for him, Susan. Love the sentiment! I've never seen that one before. The scene is so clean and well done and what a gorgeous color blue!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful sentiment to go with your great masculine card. I'll have to find out where you got that sentiment. It's perfect for anyone going through a tough time at Christmas ♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a thoughtful Christmas card for your nephew, Susan! Such a beautiful blue Magical background for the white deer in the woods. Love the sweet and caring sentiment!
    Hideko xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wowsers!! This is an amazing creation!! I love love love that die!! Who makes it?? I neeed to add it to my wish list!! You totally rocked our "shades of blue" challenge over at Cardz 4 Guyz!! Thanks for playing along with us!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card Susan. The sentiment is just perfect for someone who has lost a loved one. The sparkle from the blue magicals is so pretty behind this die-cut. xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a thoughtful card for your Nephew and the background and the sentiment are perfect x. A hard card to make Susan and it is beautiful and perfect x.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think your nephew will really appreciate this card, Susan! A lovely, peaceful scene and a perfect sentiment!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Bashful card, with a very touching sentiment. Thank you for sharing with us at Cardz 4 Guys!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is simply beautiful. Thanks for joining my challenge over at Cardz4guyz. Love Dawn x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a beautiufl and very elegant card. Love it. Thank you so much for joining us in our Christmas in July challenge at The Male Room Good Luck and I hope you will join us in our next challenge.
    Faith DT

    ReplyDelete
  12. You did a great masculine Christmas card! Thank you for sharing your creative talents with us at The Male Room.

    Maja, DT

    ReplyDelete
  13. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Elegant and beautiful. I am sure your nephew will appreciate it. Thanks for joining the fun at Christmas Kickstart. Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  15. You created a beautiful Christmas card - thank you so much for joining the The Male Room blog.
    Hope to see you again in our new challenge as well :-)
    Majda DT

    ReplyDelete
  16. Please can you tell us who made the die and also the sentiment@ I love this.

    ReplyDelete
  17. hello mf...love your card with such a touching sentiment. It will be a hard one for your nephew so I'm sure this will bring him comfort. I also wondered who made the sentiment and that die? I think I need both.
    take care mf
    xx Karen

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message! I love hearing from you.