A blog devoted to the cards I make in my tiny upstairs space. When my sister stays there, she calls it an "artist's garret". I'm not an artist, but am an enthusiastic cardmaker - hence the title "Cardmaker's Garret".
___________________________________________________________________________________________

Wednesday 12 May 2021

A Starry Tree on Fleur de Lis

I needed a notecard to send to a friend and she loves stars and all things French.

 
I stamped and heat embossed the starry tree in white on navy cs.  Die cut a fleur de lis piece to go behind it.  Layered that on silver shimmer cs, and popped the panel up on fun foam.

Off it goes to:

Just Us Girls "Trend Week: Layers"
 

Tic Tac Toe Challenge - I chose Heat Embossing, Die Cuts, Circles / Squares


Thanks for stopping by today.  Time for me to go back to my gardening!







Supplies:
Stamps - Hero Arts Star Tree
Ink - ColorBox White
Paper - silver shimmer, white, navy cs
Size - 5.5" square
Accessories - Spellbinders Fleur de Lis square die and plain square dies, white embossing powder, fun foam

7 comments:

  1. I love this starry tree....such a lovely silhouetted image! The diecut background is pretty snazzy too! Thanks for sharing this with us at Tic Tac Toe this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. so pretty Susan, such a pretty classic design :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. A perfect card for this friend, Susan! Love the white tree and Fleur de Lis frame with the navy! Crisp and lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The white starry tree looks so pretty against the navy blue background, Susan! The Fleur de Lis frame and the color combo make the card look elegant. Your friend will love this card!
    Hideko xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. The starry tree looks beautiful against the dark blue background. The intricake framing is definitely french-inspired! Your friend is going to love this card, Susan! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous colour combination and what a striking design Susan x.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The frame is just beautiful and the starry tree is lovely against navy c/s. Silver and navy are a gorgeous go to combo.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message! I love hearing from you.