A blog devoted to the cards I make in my tiny upstairs space. When my sister stays there, she calls it an "artist's garret". I'm not an artist, but am an enthusiastic cardmaker - hence the title "Cardmaker's Garret".
___________________________________________________________________________________________

Thursday 6 May 2021

Hollyhocks are a Favourite

The Flower Challenge is asking for us to use our favourite flower.  Well that is almost impossible!  I have so many favourites!  But one of them is the hollyhock.  I grow them along my back fence every summer.


I stamped the hollyhocks stamp with Versamark on mixed media cs and then heat embossed with clear embossing powder. I then sprayed the panel with a couple of different blue sprays. When dry, I rubbed over the embossed hollyhocks to remove any spray clinging to them.

I die cut the hollyhocks die out of mixed media cs and smooshed them into pink and mauve Oxide inks that I'd tapped on my craft sheet and spritzed with water. I layered them on top of the resist panel and added a few of the white centres that fell out when I die cut them.

I wrapped a strip of vellum with the sentiment around it all and popped the panel up on fun foam.

Challenges: 

The Flower Challenge "Use your Favourite Flower"



AAA Birthday Card Challenge

 

 







Supplies:
Stamps - Impression Obsession hollyhocks, SU sentiment
Ink - Versamark, various pink and mauve Oxide inks
Paper - mixed media and white cs, vellum
Size - 5" square
Accessories - Impression Obsession hollyhocks dies, clear and blue embossing powders, blue sprays, fun foam

9 comments:

  1. Oh my...Gorgeous Hollyhocks card design, Susan. I love your stamped and heat embossed background and die cut watercolored hollyhocks. So clever of you to add the vellum with your stamped sentiment. TFS your beauty, my friend. Love and Hugs...Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so pretty Susan. Hollyhocks are an amazing flower and your card shows that. What a great idea to create a shadow of white hollyhocks in the background to add depth and dimension. LOVE the colour of your flowers and the vellum sentiment banner! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful Susan, the heat embossed and die cut holly hocks are perfect against your blue background :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. How pretty! Love the mix of colours and the sentiment on vellum is a lovely touch. Thanks for playing at AAA Birthday, hope to see you join in with future challenges too. Stay safe and keep crafting!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your holllyhocks are so pretty, Susan! It has so much beautiful visual texture. And what a wonderful way to create the white shadows of them! Your hollyhocks along your back fence must be lovely. I placed an order of the hollyhock die set, so you'll see my hollyhock cards in the future. :-)
    Hideko xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I remember my mom having hollyhocks when I was a child so they bring loving memories. These are so pretty against the blue background!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Agree!... impossible to pick one favourite flower. Your smooshed hollyhocks are so pretty. Fantastic background with fabulous texture.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! This is so pretty. I love these flowers too. (I didn't know what they were called in English). Thanks for joining in with the 2nd birthday celebrations at AAA Birthday. Stay safe and keep crafting! Hugs, Valérie DT

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a beautiful card and those hollyhocks look amazing. Such a beautiful colour combination too Susan x.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message! I love hearing from you.