A blog devoted to the cards I make in my tiny upstairs space. When my sister stays there, she calls it an "artist's garret". I'm not an artist, but am an enthusiastic cardmaker - hence the title "Cardmaker's Garret".
___________________________________________________________________________________________

Saturday 15 May 2021

Holly on Holly

Flying through May and it's time to remind you to enter CAS Christmas before May 24th.  Christine is hosting and wants to see Foliage and Berries.

I did holly for the challenge launch and I'm afraid I'm doing holly again for the reminder - but I do love holly on Christmas cards.

I stamped and heat embossed the holly, then watercoloured it with Inktense watercolour pencils.  I fussy cut it and layered it over a holly embossed background, and added a sentiment.

Head over to CAS Christmas's reminder post for more inspiration from the Design Team.

Thanks for coming by today!







Supplies:
Stamps - Serendipity holly, Penny Black sentiment
Ink - Versafine Onyx Black
Paper - white cs and watercolour paper
Size - A2
Accessories - Cuttlebug holly embossing folder, embossing powder, Inktense watercolour pencils

12 comments:

  1. the Serendipity holly stamp is one of my favorites, I love it paired with the embossed holly background :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful watercoloring and I love how you fussy cut the holly leaves off the edge of the panel, Susan! I also love your embossed background...it adds so much texture to your design! Another wonderful Christmas card ~ xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Doesn't bother me in the least that you used Holly again Susan...especially when it's as pretty as it is on this card!! I love how you fussy cut the water colored holly out and attached it to the white holly embossed on your card base...so striking!! Lovely, lovely card my friend!! Hugs. :0)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this embossing folder and adding the holly to it is beautiful. Great coloring and I like how you framed it. Fussy cutting that would try my patience and you did a great job.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this duo design, Susan! The watercolored holly and berry branch is so pretty! I can see the shine from the heat-embossing. The echoing dry embossed texture is subtle but so interesting and effective.
    Hideko xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great design Susan - with the embossed white holly panel behind your lovely green and red holly - so pretty in the black outline embossing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful embossed holly background that is just perfect with the space to add your sentiment. Your watercoloured holly panel is so pretty Susan! xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. You must have the world's best stamp collection! Love that stamp and lover your layout. It really caught my eye. I also like that you embossed the card base, something I never think to do. Great card, Susan!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely embossed card to showcase your holly and berries, Susan.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love how you've dry embossed the holly and then popped the beautifully coloured stamped holly on top....I love holly too and I am loving this card Susan x.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Susan, embossing the holly for the background is a terrific idea, it totally draws your eye in for the holly you colored, which is stunning also!

    ReplyDelete
  12. No rule that says you can’t use holly a second time. Beautiful card and watercolouring. Love the embossed holly background.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message! I love hearing from you.