A blog devoted to the cards I make in my tiny upstairs space. When my sister stays there, she calls it an "artist's garret". I'm not an artist, but am an enthusiastic cardmaker - hence the title "Cardmaker's Garret".
___________________________________________________________________________________________

Friday 14 May 2021

A Vintage Santa


I was thrilled to be asked to be the Guest Designer for one of the 52 Christmas Card Throwdown challenges - a theme challenge "Santa".


I stamped the vintage-style Santa from an old SU set and used my Distress markers to colour everything except the stars which I coloured with a Marvy Liquid Gold Paint marker. I got a blob of the gold paint on the top right of the image so decided to make a slimline card (which suits the size of the image anyway) and gave me room for a sentiment to cover up my blob of gold paint - I'm always happy when I find a solution to save something from a mistake!!!  I bordered the image with gold shimmer cs, layered it on a star embossing folder background, and used the same gold shimmer cs for the card base.

I'm looking forward to seeing everyone's cards featuring Santa at 52 Christmas Card Throwdown.

I'm also adding it to the Jingle Belles "The Spirit of Christmas Past" challenge.  I always think of a Santa dressed like this one as being a Santa from the olden days.








Supplies:
Stamps - SU Star Santa, Great Impressions sentiment
Ink - Memento Tuxedo Black
Paper - PTI white cs, gold cs
Size - 6.25x3.5"
Accessories - Distress markers, Marvy Liquid Gold Paint marker, Nesties label, dimensionals, Crafts Too star embossing folder, gold ribbon

11 comments:

  1. Congratulations on GD. This is beautiful. Great adjustment to turn it into a slimline and I agree it suits this vintage Santa image. Speaking of which, Jingle Belles is looking for vintage Christmas cards. 😉
    http://jinglebellesrock.blogspot.com/2021/05/days-of-old.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. quelle adorable carte Susan, merci d'être notre guest designer cette semaine, biz

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fabulous vintage styled Christmas card Susan and many congratulations on guesting x. Great image, great sentiment and love the slimline style x.

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE this image. Perfect for a slimline sized card ... happy accident! Congrats on being Guest Designer at 52 Christmas Card Throwdown! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. How I love your vintage stamps, Susan and this Santa is outstanding paired with that sentiment. Great coloring too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I always love when you use this stamp, Susan! This Santa is so whimsical and fun and you've colored him beautifully, my friend! Great save on the splotch too. Congratulations on your Guest Design spot!

    ReplyDelete
  7. he's such a sweet vintage Santa Susan and love the embossed stars behind him.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations on the GD spot, Susan! The vintage-style Santa looks awesome! Great save - the slimline size and the sentiment panel look very natural to me. :-)
    Hideko xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. So beautiful card! Thanks for playing at 52cct

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a great Santa ... and I love that sentiment ... so very glad you joined our Vintage view at Jingle Belles.

    ReplyDelete
  11. what a beautiful holiday card, i love that awesome santa and the way you've added texture in the form of dry embossing and ribbon to make a stand-out slimline design! so pleased to have this beauty in our JINGLE BELLES gallery!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message! I love hearing from you.