A blog devoted to the cards I make in my tiny upstairs space. When my sister stays there, she calls it an "artist's garret". I'm not an artist, but am an enthusiastic cardmaker - hence the title "Cardmaker's Garret".
___________________________________________________________________________________________

Thursday 5 November 2020

Poinsettias Framing a Sentiment


I stamped my image in black, watercoloured the flowers and foliage in regular watercolours, and the gold borders with metallic gold paint. I added clear gemstones to the centres of the poinsettias and copper gemstones to the foliage, and heat embossed the sentiment in copper.

I'm linking it up to two challenges:

The Flower Challenge - "Use a Sentiment"
 

 Christmas Kickstart Challenge - "Festive Florals"








Supplies:
Stamps - Gina K Festive Frame, Stamp It Australia sentiment
Ink - ColorBox copper, Ranger Jet Black
Paper - watercolour paper, cream cs
Size - A2
Accessories - gold metallic paint, watercolour paints, clear and copper gemstones, copper embossing powder

12 comments:

  1. Susan those poinsettia are beautiful, the stamp is perfect for a large sentiment making a gorgeous card

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful big sentiment and frame for these gorgeous red poinsettias, Susan! Love the touches of texture and dimension in the sentiment and gems!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your beautiful sentiment and how it takes center stage, Susan. Framing your sentiment with the gorgeous poinsettias was the perfect design, my friend. TFS Love and Hugs...Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card Susan! LOVE your beautiful poinsettias on the corners. The oval with the large sentiment is so lovely ... looks great embossed in copper. Amazing watercolouring on this card Susan! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is lovely, Susan. What a gorgeous image and so beautifully coloured too. Thanks for joining Arlene and me at Christmas Kickstart, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful frame stamp for your sentiment and beautifully colored too. I love gold accents on a card for Christmas. That was such a perfect touch!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous and elegant card, Susan! I love the beautifully watercolored poinsettias and foliage! The metallic shine and the gem stones' sparkle are so pretty and add festive feelings to the card!
    Hideko xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. A beautiful design and lovely water coloring.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very pretty image, beautiful coloring, and your gems add the perfect final touch!

    ReplyDelete
  10. One very beautiful card and what a lovely sentiment Susan x.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh I love this, that frame is gorgeous and and I love your painting with the pop of gold too. Thanks for joining us this month at The Flower Challenge, hope to see you next month too. Cara DT x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message! I love hearing from you.