A blog devoted to the cards I make in my tiny upstairs space. When my sister stays there, she calls it an "artist's garret". I'm not an artist, but am an enthusiastic cardmaker - hence the title "Cardmaker's Garret".
___________________________________________________________________________________________

Thursday 12 November 2020

Blue and Silver

Lovely colour choices at the Less is More Challenge - "Blue and Silver or Red and Gold".  Those of you who know I love blue will guess which one I chose!!

 
I sprinkled blue Magicals on watercolour paper, spritzed with water, then scrunched up cling wrap on it and let it dry overnight. I then stamped and heat embossed the image in white. To reflect the silver garland, I added some silver gemstones and bordered the panel with silver glitter cs.








Supplies:
Stamps - SU Gifts of Christmas
Ink - ColorBox white
Paper - watercolour paper, white cs, silver glitter c
Size - A2
Accessories - blue Magicals, cling wrap, white embossing powder, silver gemstones

12 comments:

  1. Beautiful Susan, I bet the magicals have such a pretty shimmer and the blue and silver are a great colour combo for the dove image :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous cling wrap technique with your blue Magicals, Susan. Love how you added silver embellishments and silver glittery frame for your beautiful Christmas card, my friend. Love and Hugs....Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card Susan! I knew what colours you would choose! :) LOVE the gorgeous shades of blue from your Magicals background. So pretty with the silver embossed image and silver glitter frame. I do love that older image from Stampin' Up! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. So lovely and so very elegant

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful in silver and blue. I love the dove.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is such a fabulous color,Susan and the perfect backdrop for your beautiful dove. It look gorgeous in white and the added silver finished it off beautifully!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your background is gorgeous Susan and perfect for your stamped image. Thank you for sharing with us at Less is More,
    Lynne x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this Brusho background with the beautiful dove, Susan! So peaceful! It's so good to see you creating, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  9. One very beautiful and peaceful card and so very pretty Susan x.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Stunning card Susan! This watercolour panel background is so beautiful and the dove stands out gorgeously on top. Thanks so much for sharing and for playing along at Less is More.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful blue Magicals background, Susan! The texture from the cling wrap adds so much interest, and the white heat-embossed dove is so pretty!
    Hideko xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful and perfect colour choice! 😉

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message! I love hearing from you.