A blog devoted to the cards I make in my tiny upstairs space. When my sister stays there, she calls it an "artist's garret". I'm not an artist, but am an enthusiastic cardmaker - hence the title "Cardmaker's Garret".
___________________________________________________________________________________________

Thursday 19 November 2020

A Masculine Thank You Card

 

The Cardz 4 Guys challenge wants a masculine thank you or Thanksgiving card.  Since Canadian Thanksgiving has already passed, I went with a thank you card.

 
I used a Dreamweaver stencil and started by colouring the horses in different colours of Distress inks. Then I cleaned the stencil and replaced it, going over it this time with translucent embossing paste.

I sponged the ground underneath their hooves, trimmed the panel, and popped it up on some rustic-looking decorative paper, and added a simple sentiment.
 








Supplies:
Stamps - SU sentiment
Ink - various Distress inks, Archival Jet Black
Paper - white cs, unknown dp
Size - A2
Accessories - Stampendous Dreamweaver horse stencil, Dreamweaver translucent embossing paste, fun foam

13 comments:

  1. Beautifully stenciled herd of horses with a rustic background, my friend. Wonderful Thank you card for anyone who loves horses, Susan. TFS Love and Hugs..Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow Susan such a beautiful card, your galloping horses are amazing :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The horses are magnificent and I love the look of the sponged ground. Great card, Susan.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic job with that gorgeous stencil! I love it and love the fact that you used different colors on the horses. Beautifully done!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These horses are awesome, Susan! I love the different colors and the feeling of movement! Great job of grounding and the patterned paper makes a perfect background!

    ReplyDelete
  6. If the person who designed that stencil could see your card, Susan, they would be reduced to tears of joy at the brilliant way you brought those beautiful animals to life! Your crackle pp background and blending of each element are perfection and adding the wonderful glaze must make this even more stunning in real life! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful. I love the crackle background. The colors for the horses and ground. Love this card. So glad you shared over at Cardz 4 guyz.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous stencil Susan. Love the look of the translucent embossing paste over your beautiful horses. The crackle background is so cool! xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awesome masculine card, Susan! Every time I see your horse card, I feel your love for horses. All the horses are stenciled and clear emboss pasted beautifully, and the rustic background is the perfect choice for the scene!
    Hideko xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is awesome...those embossed horsed turned out great!! Thanks for playing along with our "thank you//thanksgiving" challenge over at Cardz 4 Guyz!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wonderful movement and a spectacular masculine card Susan x.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love this - what a great way to use the stencil.

    Thanks for joining us at Cardz 4 Guyz.

    Helen x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message! I love hearing from you.