A blog devoted to the cards I make in my tiny upstairs space. When my sister stays there, she calls it an "artist's garret". I'm not an artist, but am an enthusiastic cardmaker - hence the title "Cardmaker's Garret".
___________________________________________________________________________________________

Monday 16 November 2020

Off the Edge Poinsettia

I played with Magicals, using a technique that Loll taught me over Zoom.  I overspritzed part of my poinsettia and made a huge blob of colour so it was a perfect piece to trim down so that my image went "off the edge" of the focal panel.

I placed the poinsettia stamp in my MISTI, tapped it with Versamark, then lightly brushed Magicals over it, spritzed with water, and stamped onto watercolour paper. 

A simple heat embossed sentiment, a bit of fun foam behind the focal panel, and a shimmery cream textured card base finished it off.

It's heading off to these challenges:

CAS Mix Up is doing watercolour this month.  And they want an "off the edge" image.

The Paper Players want a CAS holiday card.


 

And 52 Christmas Card Throwdown has a colour challenge.








Supplies:
Stamps - Penny Black poinsettia, Rubber Soul sentiment
Ink - Versamark, ColorBox Chianti
Paper - watercolour paper, shimmery cream textured cardstock
Size - 6.25x3.5"
Accessories - red and green Magicals, clear sparkly embossing powder, fun foam

15 comments:

  1. Beautiful Susan. Your artsy watercolour I love!

    ReplyDelete
  2. how gorgeous..love the watercolour look it has.
    xx Karen

    ReplyDelete
  3. So easy and so pretty. A great technique and it does produce beautiful results like this so quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Simply Beautiful watercolored poinsettia work of art, my friend. TFS your beauty and detailed description. Love and Hugs...Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome fix for a splotch, my friend! It makes a beautiful off the edge card! Love that textured background you used with it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is beautiful Susan. I LOVE this design using magicals which have so much shimmer. The off-the-edge was a great design to save the rest of the image. LOVE the texture from your card base. xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a unique effect with the fabulous technique and a great save Susan. A really beautiful card x.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think this is beautiful, that is such a good technique and what a great save xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is stunning, Susan! I love the pretty magicals poinsettia, the wonderful off-the-edge design, and the shimmery textured card base!
    Hideko xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. This card is wonderful !!!! You used the colours perfectly. Thanks for playing at 52 CCT

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful, Susan! I love this water colored, off-the-edge image! It's such an "artsy" card! Thank you for playing in my Clean and Simple challenge at The Paper Players this week!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous use of the technique. The soft watercolored image is just beautiful. So glad you joined us at the Players this week
    Jaydee

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow this is so gorgeous! Thanks for playing along with us at The Paper Players this week!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful card, I love the real artsy look to the poinsettia! xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Congratulations on your well-deserved win at CCT. This is gorgeous. Love off-the-edge designs.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message! I love hearing from you.