A blog devoted to the cards I make in my tiny upstairs space. When my sister stays there, she calls it an "artist's garret". I'm not an artist, but am an enthusiastic cardmaker - hence the title "Cardmaker's Garret".
___________________________________________________________________________________________

Friday 30 October 2020

Reindeer over Snowflakes

Trying to get some challenges done to inspire my creativity.  Today I'm doing the Jingle Belles "Creatures" challenge.  And the ABC Christmas Challenge "U if for Up in the Air and V is for Vixen (other reindeer okay).

 
I created a background by masking off a rectangle, sponging inside it with two shades of blue Distress ink.  Once dry I added the snowflakes with a stencil, embossing paste, and glitter.
 
I stamped and heat embossed the reindeer, then die cut it with the matching die, and glued it onto the background.  Finished with a heat embossed sentiment and popped the panel up on fun foam.

My reindeer really looks like he is leaping up into the air so I think he qualifies for both "U" and "V" in the ABC Christmas Challenge!

Thanks for stopping by today!







Supplies:
Stamps - Penny Black reindeer, A Muse sentiment
Ink - Distress Faded Jeans and Chipped Sappire, Distress Oxide Walnut Stain
Paper - white cs
Size - A2
Accessories - Memory Box snowflakes stencil, white embossing paste, glitter, clear embossing powder, fun foam

13 comments:

  1. He certainly qualifies for both Up in the air and Vixen! Beautiful snowy background and graceful reindeer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's one happy reindeer and one fabulous Christmas card with a gorgeous background Susan x.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the shading on the reindeer and your lovely sky. Great thinking for the u and v. Very clever, Susan.

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG..Stunning and elegant reindeer flying thru the beautiful night time sky, Susan. TFS Love and Hugs...Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have this stamp and die and haven't pulled it out for a long time. Great inspiration and love the card :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous Christmas card, Susan! I love that the reindeer is placed a little off the edge! The background snowy sky is simply gorgeous!
    Hideko xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a majestic reindeer leaping through the beautiful blue sky.

    Will you be doing the card fundraiser again this year? If so, I may have some cards to donate. 😉

    ReplyDelete
  8. beautiful masking ... so very glad you joined our Creature Feature at Jingle Belles.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, beautiful card, Susan. I love that reindeer and the background. Thank you for joining us at ABC Christmas Challenge. xx Wilma

    ReplyDelete
  10. He certainly does qualify on both counts Susan and I love how your handsome reindeer pops from the lovely background.
    Thanks for joining us and bringing smiles to ABC Christmas Challenges.
    Hugs
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Absolutely beautiful card! Love the reindeer stamp. Take care and stay safe xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. oh my gosh, such a pretty card, love that handsome reindeer! thanks for joining our Creature Feature at Jingle Belles!

    ReplyDelete
  13. beautiful and a great way to feature that reindeer! Hope your recovery is continuing well.
    xx Karen

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message! I love hearing from you.