A blog devoted to the cards I make in my tiny upstairs space. When my sister stays there, she calls it an "artist's garret". I'm not an artist, but am an enthusiastic cardmaker - hence the title "Cardmaker's Garret".
___________________________________________________________________________________________

Saturday 3 October 2020

A Peaceful Christmas Bird


There's a new challenge starting today over at CAS Christmas - our host, Christine, is asking for "Christmas Birds".

I decided to go with a dove as I love Christmas cards with "Peace on Earth" as the sentiment and that always seems to go best with a dove.


I put the stamp in my MISTI and coloured it with Gelatos, then lightly spritzed it with water, and stamped it onto watercolour paper.  Because it was in the MISTI, I was able to redo any sections that didn't stamp clearly.  I then stamped the sentiment in a similar ink and fussy cut the image.  I popped it up on fun foam and added it to a linen card base.

Please come and join us at with your clean and simple cards featuring Christmas birds.  For more inspiration, head over to CAS Christmas and check out the cards by the rest of the Design Team and this month's Guest Designer, Anita (Stampin with Anita).








Supplies:
Stamps - Serendipity dove, Northwoods sentiment
Ink - Memento Bahama Blue
Paper - watercolour paper, linen cs
Size - A2
Accessories - Gelatos, fun foam

17 comments:

  1. Susan, I love your bird, wonderful size and yes "peace" does seem to go with that bird on any Christmas card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful water colored look Susan! I never thought of coloring directly onto my stamp with gelatos, but love the look! And yes, doves and peace do go hand in hand! Lovely, lovely card my friend!! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such strong and pretty colour using the gelatos straight to stamp Susan for a totally different look and love the red to edge the frame too. A beautiful card. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. You did a great job with your blue tones on your dove! I admired the different shades- such a beautiful and dreamy effect. Love your image too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. great watercolouring with the gelatos. I love the loose effect and your peace sentiment is the perfect addition.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the bright colours from your gelatos, Susan! This is such a beautiful and elegant dove image! xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. A stunning dove card, Susan! Love the watercolored look. I was wondering what kind of ink you used before reading your post because the colors look a little different from regular stamp ink's. I don't have Gelatos, but you inspired me to get some and try this technique! Thank you!
    Hideko xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. A beautifully stamped dove, Susan! I love the bright colors you got from the gelatos! I need to pull mine out and use them again!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Agree, doves and peace go together perfectly. Your dove is a standout. Great job stamping and watercoloring.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful dove for your lovely card.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your stamping using the gelatos looks amazing Susan, gorgeous watercoloured effect, beautiful card, Cathy x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your bird is really gorgeous, Susan! I love the effect you created using Gelatos...it's so striking! Barb xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful coloring on that dove image, Susan, and I love how you cut it and added to the linen card!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a lovely effect using your Gelatos and water to ink that beautiful dove Susan - beautiful colors used and great design with the outside the box cutting on the wings!

    ReplyDelete
  15. A stunning water colour effect and I love the colours and that fabulous Dove....Great card Susan x.

    ReplyDelete
  16. how beautiful...love the effect.
    xx Karen

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful card! Fab technique. Take care and stay safe xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message! I love hearing from you.