A blog devoted to the cards I make in my tiny upstairs space. When my sister stays there, she calls it an "artist's garret". I'm not an artist, but am an enthusiastic cardmaker - hence the title "Cardmaker's Garret".
___________________________________________________________________________________________

Thursday 22 October 2020

Thank You, Everyone!



This is a thank you card to thank all of my cardmaking and blogging friends, fellow CAS challenge team members, etc. who sent me wonderful cards to cheer me up and wish me well after my recent heart attack.  It's also one of the first cards I've made this month as my energy and my creativity were pretty non-existent.  (Darnell, thanks for the kick in the butt to get me going!!)

Here are all the wonderful handmade cards I received:


They took pride of place (though I received many lovely store-bought cards as well!).  It is so heart-warming knowing that people care!!

Quick steps for making my thank you card:

  • Stamp petunias with white pigment ink and heat emboss with white embossing powder, then watercolour.
  • Stamp sentiment with violet ink and heat emboss with clear ep.
  • Stamp random bits of script with pale mauve ink and sponge around edges with it.
  • Pop up on fun foam.

 

p.s. I'm recuperating well, though it's taking longer than I thought it would.  But I'm up to a daily 50 minute walk that is fine as long as it's on flat ground - inclines and hills are still really hard.  And I allow myself a nice rest with my feet up, a book, and a cup of tea every afternoon.

 







Supplies:
Stamps - Rubbernecker petunias, Wendy Vecchi script stamp, unknown sentiment
Ink - ColorBox white, Distress Milled Lavender and Wilted Violet
Paper - watercolour paper, PTI Vintage Cream cs
Size - 4.25" square
Accessories - watercolour paints, white and clear embossing powders, fun foam

8 comments:

  1. We're all happy you are doing well and slowly getting your MOJO back :)
    Hugs Christine

    ReplyDelete
  2. What lovely cards from your card-making friends, Susan! And such a lovely thank you card. I LOVE it! Looks like you got your mojo back with a bang! Great news about the 2-50 minute walks a day. That is awesome. A bit of quiet time with a good book and cup of tea every afternoon sounds very relaxing. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to hear you are doing better Susan, and looks like your mojo came back perfectly...lovely, lovely card!! Hugs. :0)

    ReplyDelete
  4. The cards are lovely and so uplifting for you. It takes a while to get your stamina back and walking is perfect. A rest afterwards is great and gives you a chance to rest and recuperate. I'm happy to see you crafting again and doing so well. The thank you card is so pretty and happy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so thankful you are recovering nicely and taking time to rest everyday, dear friend! Keep up the good work and remember that you are loved a lot! Gorgeous petunias and the background is amazing! So glad to see you creating as it's part of the healing process.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That image is just gorgeous, Susan and I love your choice of color for it! I may have to look for that one! SO happy to hear you are recovering albeit slowly. Good for you for walking too! So happy you are creating again too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dearest Susan I had no idea you had been unwell x. Sending hugs and positive thoughts x.
    What a beautiful and pretty card x. Continue to stay well Susan x.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm so glad that you're recovering better, Susan! And good for you to walk 50 min every day! (You walk much more longer than I do.)
    Your violet petunias are so pretty! The colors you used are my favorites. Looking forward to seeing more of your cards soon!
    Hideko xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message! I love hearing from you.