A blog devoted to the cards I make in my tiny upstairs space. When my sister stays there, she calls it an "artist's garret". I'm not an artist, but am an enthusiastic cardmaker - hence the title "Cardmaker's Garret".
___________________________________________________________________________________________

Monday 26 October 2020

Foliage in a Star

Less is More challenge is asking for "More Than One Type of Foliage".


 

 And it's the end of the month so it's time for the October Rudolph Days "Anything Goes" Christmas card challenge.

I'm trying to clear off my desk so had a look through my scraps so that I could make a card that would qualify for Pixie's Snippets Playground challenge

And I used some never-used foliage and mistletoe dies for the NBUS Never Before Used Schtuff challenge.

 

 
I die cut the star by setting a smaller die cut inside a larger one and die cutting from a scrap of shimmery gold cs. I die cut the greenery and mistletoe boughs from scraps of smooshed leftovers.

Assembled the star and bunch of greenery on a cream panel, using gold twine to "hang" the star, added a heat embossed sentiment, and popped the panel up with fun foam. Finished off by adding white liquid pearls to the mistletoe berries.
 
I'm hoping to be more regular with my posts going forwards as I'm getting my energy back and starting to feel more creative.
 
 







Supplies:
Stamps - Stampabilities sentiment
Ink - ColorBox Gold
Paper - cream, gold, and white cs
Size - A2
Accessories - Spellbinders star dies, TH greenery dies, white liquid pearls, gold embossing powder, gold twine, fun foam

17 comments:

  1. What a stunner of a card Susan. The star is so pretty and the way you've hung the foliage from it looks absolutely beautiful x. So glad that you are improving and getting your energy back and I am so looking forward to seeing more of your fabulous creativity x.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooooo what a stunner, am loving the way the star and the way the foliage hangs from it, thanks for joining us at Octobers Rudolph Days Challenge, Luv Sam x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is lovely. The star and foliage are a perfect match. The pearl berries were also a splendid was to finish it off. Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely lovely card Susan! Very clever idea. And it's great to know you're feeling lots better.

    Hugs

    Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. A beautiful Christmas card and so elegant. It's wonderful to see you feeling stronger and feeling better and wanting to get back to crafting.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is such a great design, Susan and you always do a great job arranging foliage. Love the added pearls on this making it look so festive.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a beautiful Christmas card, Susan! The foliage in the star couldn't be sweeter! I love the elegance of your colors. Hope you feel stronger with each new day.

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOVE this design Susan! The greenery look amazing inside the star. So creative! Happy to hear you are back to making more cards ... such a positive energy when creating. xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love how the greenery fills in the shimmery gold open star, Susan! Very classy and so pretty! Glad your energy is returning.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is a gorgeous composition, Susan! I love each and every element of your beautiful (winning) card and congrats on using all those snippets! I'm delighted to hear that you are feeling more engernetic and craftylicious!! Big hugs and lots of thanks for sharing with everyone at NBUS! Mwah! Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a beautiful card. Thank you for joining the Rudolph Days Challenge this month.

    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous Susan. You can't go wrong with all that Christmassy foliage on a card. Thank you for sharing with us at Less is More,
    Lynne x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful card, Susan. I love the dies you chose. I just bought a new Sizzix selection of bough dies so will have to give this idea a try.
    The addition of the liquid pearls for the berries looks fab.

    Thanks for taking part in the October Rudolph Days Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a pretty Christmas card, made of wonderful scraps and leftovers, Susan! The bunch of greenery and the mistletoe boughs are such beautiful decorations!
    I'm so happy to hear that you're getting your energy back and feeling more creative!!
    Hideko xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is gorgeous. The gold star and how you did the foliage is so elegant.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow! A beautiful take on our challenge. These foliage are so gorgeous hanging over de gold star. Beautiful CAS card. Thanks so much for sharing and for playing along at Less is More.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message! I love hearing from you.