A blog devoted to the cards I make in my tiny upstairs space. When my sister stays there, she calls it an "artist's garret". I'm not an artist, but am an enthusiastic cardmaker - hence the title "Cardmaker's Garret".
___________________________________________________________________________________________

Sunday 1 September 2019

Farms and Flowers

I have cards today for a couple of challenges.

First up:

The Paper Players want farm-related critters.


So I had to do this one as it called out for a horse-themed card!


I stamped the image in brown on mixed media cs. On another piece of mixed media cs, I did a bunch of smooshing with various brown Oxide inks and then die cut a circle frame from it.

Using rustic cs for the card base and top layer, I die cut a circle in the top layer and set the stamped image behind it and then added the circle frame on top.


The second challenge is the Penny Black Saturday challenge "Anything Goes and/or Water or Watercolour":


Stamped, heat embossed in white, watercoloured - one of my favourite techniques!  I tried to do a bit of a pale watercolour shadow around it - need to work on that some more!  It's bordered with red glitter cs.

I really need to get going with Christmas cards or I won't have enough for my November sale!!





Supplies for card 1:
Stamps - Impression Obsession horses, unknown sentiment
Ink - Ranger Archival Potting Soil, various brown Oxide inks
Paper - mixed media cs, PTI rustic cs
Size - A2
Accessories -  Spellbinders circle dies, fun foam

Supplies for card 2:
Stamps - Penny Black Winter Joy, unknown sentiment
Ink - ColorBox white, Recollections Chestnut
Paper - red glitter and white cs, watercolour paper
Size - 4.75" square
Accessories - watercolour paints, clear and white embossing powders





7 comments:

  1. Great take on the theme challenge with your first unique and wonderful card. What a striking image x. Beautiful Christmas card and love the way you've water coloured it x.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I truly love your two cards. I want to learn to watercolor. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both cards are terrific, Susan. Love that horse stamp as well as the gorgeous font of the sentiment. You water colored your second card beautifully! I have given up on soft shadows and watercolor though. I just couldn't get the hang of that. Love that glitter border and love how the camera picked up the shine from it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. two great cards Susan, I love that image of the horses and your watercolour for the poinsettia is perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the horse stamping with the rustic cardstock and chestnut frame! The circle makes a perfect frame for this pair! Your poinsettia is gorgeous! Beautifully colored!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this horse image, so earthy in the browns and I love the framing! Thanks for sharing this and playing with my Paper Players challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome cards! Thanks for playing along at The Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message! I love hearing from you.