A blog devoted to the cards I make in my tiny upstairs space. When my sister stays there, she calls it an "artist's garret". I'm not an artist, but am an enthusiastic cardmaker - hence the title "Cardmaker's Garret".
___________________________________________________________________________________________

Monday 23 September 2019

Peace on Earth and a Poinsettia

I've been away in England and Wales visiting friends and relatives - a wonderful trip, but I'm glad to be home none the less.  And just in time to get a card done for the Jingle Belles challenge "Peace on Earth" - one of my favourite themes for Christmas cards.


The dove is cut out of a piece of glossy cardstock that I sprinkled with various blue Brushos and then spritzed with water.

I stamped the sentiment in a co-ordinating blue and heat embossed, trimmed the panel with a stitched rectangle die, and popped it up on fun foam.  I added a gemstone for the dove's eye.

It would be an easy card to mass produce and also one for my friend who buys several of my dove / peace themed cards every year.

And another Christmas card, this time for the Flower Challenge "Anything Goes".


I went with a poinsettia:


I stamped and heat embossed the poinsettia in gold on red vellum and then fussy cut it.  The frame, sentiment, and branches are die cut from cream shimmer cs, and all are mounted on a dull gold shimmer card base.  I added cream pearls to the centre of the poinsettia.

Lots more Christmas cards to come!!





Supplies for card 1:
Stamps - PTI sentiment
Ink - Brilliance Pearlescent Sky Blue
Paper - white and glossy cs
Size - A2
Accessories - various blue Brushos, clear embossing powder, Lil Inker stitched rectangle die, fun foam

Supplies for card 2:
Stamps - Penny Black poinsettia stamp
Ink - ColorBox gold
Paper - red vellum, cream and dull gold shimmer cs
Size - 5.25" square
Accessories - Memory Box sentiment die, Tim Holtz greenery die, Spellbinders square die, gold embossing powder





10 comments:

  1. A beautiful dove, Susan! And that poinsettia is gorgeous! I've never seen red vellum but think I need to look for some.

    ReplyDelete
  2. both cards are beautiful Susan, but I have to say your poinsettia is stunning in the red vellum.

    ReplyDelete
  3. loooove that gorgeous watercolory dove... totally making me want to get my ColorBursts out and play! such a beautiful and elegant CAS card! thanks for celebrating PEACE ON EARTH with us at JINGLE BELLES! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful set of cards, but your red vellum poinsettia card on Kraft is absolutely stunning and captured my heart! Love the colour combo and the red vellum... need to know where to get me some of that, and if they come in other colours(?). xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your Brusho birdie is amazing ... so glad you shared your PEACE with us at Jingle Belles.

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE that gorgeous dove, Susan. So perfect with the brushos that give it so much variations of colour. And perfect with the peace on earth sentiment. Gorgeous! Your friend is going to love this!

    Beautiful poinsettia from red vellum. So elegant with the gold embossing, Susan. Lovely design! xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a beaufiful card, thanks for sharing with us over at 'The Flower Challenge' ;) Viv DT xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, two gorgeous cards, Susan! The way blue brusho reacted with water on glossy cardstock is simply beautiful. The gold heat-embossed poinsettia on the red vellum looks amazing with the gold shimmer card base! I love both of them!
    Hideko xx
    p.s. Glad that you had a wonderful trip to England and Wales!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Keep these wonderful Christmas cards coming. The peace dove card is beautiful and wow to the poinsettia one. Both cards are so striking Susan x.

    ReplyDelete
  10. So glad your trip went well but as you say always good to come home x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message! I love hearing from you.