A blog devoted to the cards I make in my tiny upstairs space. When my sister stays there, she calls it an "artist's garret". I'm not an artist, but am an enthusiastic cardmaker - hence the title "Cardmaker's Garret".
___________________________________________________________________________________________

Tuesday 3 September 2019

Christmas Treats

Nance is hosting CAS Christmas this month and she wants to see cards with holiday treats!


It gave me the perfect chance to try out a new stamp given to me by wonderful Bonnie Klass.  She noticed that when we had the CAS Christmas "Elf" challenge, I had to borrow elf stamps as I didn't have any, so she thought she'd fill in the gap in my stamp collection.  And the elf stamp she gave me includes Christmas treats so perfect for this challenge:



I stamped and then coloured the image with coloured pencils, blending with Gamsol.  Then trimmed the panel and popped it up on fun foam on a green card base.

Thank you, Bonnie - it is such a great image!

I'm looking forward to seeing what cards everyone comes up with featuring holiday treats!  Check out the inspiration from the rest of the CAS Christmas Design Team and this month's fabulous Guest Designer, the very talented Birgit (Rapport fran ett skrivbord).

I'm also linking up with Christmas Cards All Year Round where they want Christmas or winter food or drink.






Supplies:
Stamps - Stamping Bella
Ink - Memento Tuxedo Black
Paper - Bristol cs, green cs
Size - 4.75" square
Accessories - coloured pencils, Gamsol, fun foam



10 comments:

  1. Aren't stamping friends the BEST!! I love this image that Bonnie sent you. Adorable elf and a delicious looking cup of hot cocoa with marshmellows! Yummy! Great colouring and a fun card Susan! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a perfect image for the challenge Susan, lucky you to have received this adorable image of Bonnie. I love the colour combo :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bonnie is so thoughtful, and this stamp is perfect for this challenge. Lovely pencil colouring and using a green base helps make the candy cane stand out. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. the little elf peeking behind the "sweet goodies" is a perfect stamp for this challenge! Yeah for Bonnie to gift that to you!! Have an awesome week...Heart Hugs, Colleen

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so glad you've enjoyed this stamp, Susan! Love how you've colored it! That elf looks quite happy with his Christmas treat!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Darling elf with the cocoa mug - lucky you and sweet Bonnie!! Oh my, love your coloring, especially the shading on toasty marshmallows!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The stamped image is so sweet but your pencil coloring makes it look even sweeter, Susan! The shading of the marshmallow and the cup is just perfect! Bonnie is such a thoughtful person, isn't she?
    Hideko xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. So adorable!!! Thanks so much for participating in our CHRISTMAS CRAFTS ALL YEAR ‘ROUND challenge. Hope you participate in our next challenge!! Have a happy crafty day!!!
    Deanne at A Little Bit O’ Paper

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful CAS card. Love the image - super cute and festive and perfect for our Food Challenge at Christmas Crafts All Year 'Round. Thank you for joining in the fun with us.
    Happy crafting!
    Big hugs,
    ♥ Lena - DT
    Lena’s Creations

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great card - thanks for joining us at Christmas Crafts All Year Round.

    Helen x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message! I love hearing from you.