A blog devoted to the cards I make in my tiny upstairs space. When my sister stays there, she calls it an "artist's garret". I'm not an artist, but am an enthusiastic cardmaker - hence the title "Cardmaker's Garret".
___________________________________________________________________________________________

Friday 6 September 2019

Two Christmas Challenges

Two cards today ready for my Christmas stash!


It's for the Jingle Belles Challenge "12 Days of Christmas" - feature one of the elements from the song.

I used a really old stamp - one of the first I ever bought.  I put it in my MISTI, inked it up with Distress markers, lightly spritzed, and stamped onto watercolour paper, repeating as needed.  I trimmed it down and put it on a stitched die cut panel with the relevant verse from The Twelve Days of Christmas (which I typed on the computer).  It's popped up on fun foam.

Next up:


This one is for two challenges - Christmas Kickstart "Get a Head-er Start" (be inspired by something in their header (I chose the snowman)  and 12 Months of Christmas "Use Kraft Paper" (I used a kraft card base).

I stamped and watercoloured the snowman image and  used a kraft cardbase for it.  I had found a wooden snowflakes that had a broken tip - it fit the space perfectly, blended with the kraft cardbase, and by setting it on the edge of the panel, the broken tip isn't so obvious.

In case you're getting tired of my Christmas cards, I promise I'll do some non-Christmas cards for my next post!






Supplies for card 1:
Stamps - Old Island Stamping Co. "Four Calling Birds"
Paper - watercolour paper, white and red cs
Size - A2
Accessories - various Distress markers, Lil Inker stitched rectangle die, fun foam, sentiment done on the computer

Supplies for card 2:
Stamps - SU Snow Much Fun, Rubber Soul sentiment
Ink - Archival Jet Black
Paper - watercolour paper, kraft cs
Size - A2
Accessories - wooden snowflake, watercolour paints, Lil Inker stichted rectangle die







12 comments:

  1. Two fantastic cards, Susan. I love the coloring on the four calling birds. What a great stamp! I do love the whimsy of that too cute snowman too. You water colored him beautifully! I'll never get tired of seeing Christmas cards. I do them year round too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Two great Christmas cards, Susan! Great job on the 12 Days of Christmas. Love that stamp! This snowman with the birds always makes me smile.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love both cards Susan especially the 12 days of Christmas. Wonderful colouring :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely cards, Susan! I really love your snowman - what a super image. Thanks for playing at The Christmas Kickstart Challenge, good to have you here again, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  5. love how you typed your sentiment with your absolutely perfect little stamp ... and the marker coloring is perfection ... so very glad you celebrated the 12 days of Christmas with us at Jingle Belles.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love these both and the snowman is so cute with those sweet birds around and on him. The top card is lovely and I am so impressed with your computer skills. I could never figure out how to space that sentiment!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Two wonderful Christmas cards Susan! Love the 12 days of Christmas image. Perfect with your typed sentiment on the front and the red card base. Your adorable snowman is sweet and I love him with the kraft card base. The wooden snowflake matches perfectly! xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Two lovely card, great use of the broken snowflake on the snowman one!

    ReplyDelete
  9. well of course both of these are amazing, but i'm bound to say the four calling birds are my favorite, right? and truly that watercolor stamping technique is just amazing! so happy you helped us celebrate the 12 days of xmas at JINGLE BELLES! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  10. Both of these are fab Susan but I love the four calling birds one - who knew it was an older stamp? It looks so fresh! It really pleases me that the broken snowflake worked so perfectly for the snowman card :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. great cards Susan. I think you win the grand prize in my books for making the most lovely Christmas cards and for being so on top of getting them ready for the holidays!!
    xx Karen

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely work. Thank you for joining the challenge at the 12 months of Christmas cards link up. Hope to see you again next time.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message! I love hearing from you.