A blog devoted to the cards I make in my tiny upstairs space. When my sister stays there, she calls it an "artist's garret". I'm not an artist, but am an enthusiastic cardmaker - hence the title "Cardmaker's Garret".
___________________________________________________________________________________________

Wednesday 24 October 2018

Sparkly Poinsettias


This is quite a large card for me.  It uses the full size Tim Holtz stencil in its entirety.  The size was inspired by a SCS challenge to make a tall card.  The poinsettias are for October's Flower Challenge "Add Sparkle".


I laid the stencil over some white cs and sponged with red and green Distress Oxide inks.  I washed the stencil and put it back in place and went over it with translucent embossing paste.  After removing the stencil, I immediately sprinkled glitter all over the wet paste.

When dry, I trimmed it, popped it up on fun foam, and added a heat embossed sentiment, die cut with a label die.  The label die needed a little something so I added red gemstones to the four points.

It's very hard to photograph glitter and sparkle, but I managed to capture it somewhat in this photo:


With Christmas coming up, I think I'll be using more of the glitter!





Supplies:
Stamps - Penny Black sentiment
Ink - Distress Oxide Candy Apple, Fired Brick, and Lucky Clover
Paper - white cs
Size - 7.75x4.5"
Accessories - Tim Holtz poinsettia stencil, Dreamweaver translucent embossing paste, Martha Stewart glitter, red gemstones



8 comments:

  1. Beautiful and TALL card Susan...love it!! I have that stencil and never thought of using it all to make a tall card but really like that idea! And so glad you were able to capture some of that sparkle as it is SO pretty!! Love that sentiment too...perfect for your lovely, lovely card!! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card Susan! I LOVE the bright red and green you've used for sponging over your stencil. So beautiful with the embossing gel and glitter. This is one sparkly card! And I LOVE that sentiment. Great work, my friend! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful sparkly poinsettia Tall card, Susan. TFS your close up too. Hugs..Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  4. What wonderful sparkle, Susan! The gorgeous red poinsettias could stand on their own, but the glitter makes them extra special! And what a perfect sentiment!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't wait to see this one IRL Susan, the sparkle looks amazing and I love the texture of the embossing paste :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow!!! The sparkle is gorgeous!!! Love the matching sentiment to the gorgeous poinsettias!!!
    Thank you so much for joining us at The Flower Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  7. My turn to do some catching up on my commenting. 😉 That sparkle is striking and the highlight of your card for me. Would have never thought you used embossing paste. Looks very cool. xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow....a stunning card. Love the tall shape and the vibrant red and the sparkle look amazing x.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message! I love hearing from you.