A blog devoted to the cards I make in my tiny upstairs space. When my sister stays there, she calls it an "artist's garret". I'm not an artist, but am an enthusiastic cardmaker - hence the title "Cardmaker's Garret".
___________________________________________________________________________________________

Sunday 28 October 2018

Black and White with Red


The latest challenge from 4 Crafty Chicks is Black / White and One Other Color.  I made a very CAS Christmas card, adding red to make the black and white more festive.

A simple stamped image, an embossed tree for the background, a black border, and a red card base - I think I will make a few of them for my card sale.

I'm also taking it over to Jingle Belles "While Shepherds Watched Their Flocks" challenge - they want animals and birds are animals, and besides, I have a whole flock of birds on my card!





Supplies:
Stamps - Viva Decor
Ink - Archival Jet Black
Paper - black, white, and dark red cs
Size - A2
Accessories - Tim Holtz tree embossing folder



10 comments:

  1. love the simplicity of the card especially with the touch of red.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice card, Susan! It will make a great note card, thank you card or Christmas card! Love the classy look of the black and white on the red card base!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this image in black and white. Great design with the dry embossed background. Love the red and thin black framing. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice card, thank you for playing our challenge at 4 Crafty Chicks, very nice, love that embossing. Cheers!
    Leanne DT/4CC

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that you were able to turn simple into festive by using that red. Love the image and the clean layout on this one, Susan! That is one, fantastic image and I'd still love to see your stamp collection. You use so many interesting ones.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my, Susan...I LOVE your color combo, framing, dry eb tree and wonderful stamped text and birds image. All perfectly lovely and CAS. Perfect for making multiples. TFS my friend. Hugs..Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great idea Susan....The dry embossing looks fabulous and the stamped image with the black surround is fantastic x. A very eye catching card x.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love those winter birdies ... so glad you joined our Christmas Creature Feature at Jingle Belles.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful colour combo, Susan. Love the embossed background. xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. oh WOW!!! another completely amazing design, this is incredible! thanks for sharing this lovely card in the CRITTER gallery at JINGLE BELLES! ♥

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message! I love hearing from you.