A blog devoted to the cards I make in my tiny upstairs space. When my sister stays there, she calls it an "artist's garret". I'm not an artist, but am an enthusiastic cardmaker - hence the title "Cardmaker's Garret".
___________________________________________________________________________________________

Saturday 27 October 2018

Bears in the Moonlight


AAA Cards' theme is "Moonlight".


I stamped and watercoloured the image, using my Gansai Tambi paints.  The set includes a metallic gold paint so I used that on the stars.  I decided that since the bears were already looking up at the stars, they might as well be looking at the moon as well so used a small circle die to cut the moon out of pale gold glitter cs.  I used the same glitter cs for the sentiment.  The card base is a similar shade of gold shimmer cs.

I drew extra hill lines with a fine pointed black marker around the bears as the baby bear looked like he was sitting in thin air in the stamp.  I added blue shading to the hills.

Here's a closer photo, hopefully showing more of the gold shine of the stars and the glitter cs of the moon:


I'm also adding it to The Merry Christmas Challenge "Anything Goes" and The Rudolph Days "Anything Goes" challenge.






Supplies:
Stamps -  Penny Black
Ink - Archival Jet Black
Paper - gold shimmer cs, scrap of gold glitter cs, watercolour paper
Size - A2
Accessories - Gansai Tambi watercolour paints, fine black marker, Spellbinders circle die, Tattered Lace sentiment die, fun foam



14 comments:

  1. Hi Susan,
    Happy Rudolf Days.
    I love this wonderful Christmas card and your super design.
    The polar bears look so brilliant.
    Thank you fro joining the Rudolf Challenge.
    Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another adorable Christmas card, Susan! Love these sweet bears and your shiny moon and sparkling stars!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You know... I don’t believe you when you say you don’t do cute because this is the secind card in a row that is simply adorable and sweet. The gold is refreshing. Love the sparkly celestial scene. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. So adorable Susan! Love this sweet momma and baby bear looking up at the stars and the moon. Great shimmer and shine from the gold paint and glitter paper. I love the way you've added the hills. Beautiful card! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. such a sweet card Susan, I love your momma and baby bear. The stars and moon make for a perfect scene :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sweet image and beautifully coloured - whites are always so difficult. Thanks for playing at AAA Cards.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a cute and adorable card and yes why not add the shiny moon too.....So pretty x.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a super cute card! Thanks for joining AAA Cards! Hugs Åsa

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the little bears, very sweet. Beautiful card, thanks for sharing with us at The Merry Christmas Challenge!

    xoxo,
    Aimeslee DT
    https://paper-paisleys.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is so sweet Susan, love those bears and the sweet scene you created.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my goodness! This is just so cute! Love those bears! Thanks for playing along with us at AAA Cards!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your water coloured image looks wonderful and I like the way you added the glitter with the moon and stars.
    Thanks for taking part in the October Rudolph Days Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great card! The momma bear and her baby are adorable. I like how you added the hills - perfect for a floating baby bear! Great use of the gold glitter paper for some sparkle and shimmer. Thanks for joining us at The Merry Christmas Challenge.

    sue n.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message! I love hearing from you.