A blog devoted to the cards I make in my tiny upstairs space. When my sister stays there, she calls it an "artist's garret". I'm not an artist, but am an enthusiastic cardmaker - hence the title "Cardmaker's Garret".
___________________________________________________________________________________________

Thursday 25 October 2018

Autumn Foliage

I feel like I'm surrounded by autumn leaves right now - making a card using them seemed totally appropriate after spending yesterday raking up lots of them (and there are more to fall off the trees so it's not over yet!).


I love the old SU set, French Foliage!  I inked up the leaves with different colours of my mini Distress inks, then spritzed lightly before stamping.  I did the sentiment in dark brown and used Antique Linen for the splats.  I popped it up on fun foam for some dimension.  And off it goes to the Addicted to CAS Foliage challenge.


Thanks for stopping by!





Supplies:
Stamps - SU French Foliage, unknown sentiment
Ink - various mini Distress inks
Paper - cream cs, watercolour paper
Size - A2
Accessories - fun foam



8 comments:

  1. This is beautiful Susan! I especially LOVE the sentiment...how perfect?!! We've been raking and raking and raking too...we grumble a bit but I can't imagine not having all the trees around us! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful leaves, Susan! The colors are so vivid! The splattering adds extra texture to the watercolor paper and I love the sentiment!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE the bright colours of your autumn leaves Susan! Gorgeous ... just like we see on the trees right now. Raking is the down side. :) Lovely design with your beautiful sentiment and splats. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Perfect colours Susan, I love the bright reds, the touch of splatter is a little like our rain today :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I’m a fan of bright Autumn colours and those leaves look fantastic! So bold and bright in red. Lovely job splattering. xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous card, Susan! I love the technique you chose to stamp the leaves and your sentiment is just perfect...WOW! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Addicted to CAS!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great water colour effect, wonderful colours and such a fabulous card. Yes sweeping up the leaves this time of year is hard work x.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely card...I love that set too. Our trees are getting bare, have had lots of wind! Sure enjoy the colors that have been showing.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message! I love hearing from you.